Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Gaming (linksys game adaptor)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

anyone out there ???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Any more details on what the problem is? Can you detail what steps you took and where it fails? I'd try updating firmware on router and driver for the adapter, just in case there's a bug etc.

Right this is really annoying especiallly because of the fact that ive got a friend 2 doors down telling me hes stealling my bandwidth ! .

Ok i go into my router settings i enter my 128 WEP Passphrase. then save my settings. Then the adaptor suddenly loses signal and have no wireless connection. Although i have configured the same passphrase on the adaptor settings it doesnt recognise it. This is really a problem that can only be answered if anyone else has the same router and adaptor. im just about ready to give up on it. If anyone has any other possible solution please tell me

Well reading thru the manual two things come to mind.
    1) Are you selecting the correct profile on the adapter (P1,P2,P3)?
    2) It allows you to enter a passphrase and it will generate the key for you. I'd type the key in myself and see if that works. Also make sure WEP is set to 128 and not 64bit.

Also sometimes it's easier to config the device thru the web config page rather than using the setup CD.

Yeah how would i know which profile to set it on? suppose ill just test each one and see if a signal appears. Thanks irlrobins

• Advertisement

Cos you set each profile up? Mmmm, have you read the manual? It's all in there tbh.

WOO HOO got it, yeah it probably was a case of not arsed reading the instructions. Sorry for wastin your time irl

:rolleyes:

Advertisement