Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Big Spiders.. Merged

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

dame wrote:
    :eek: Here's the thing I found in my kitchen at dusk the other evening. He ran very fast after the flash went off but I squashed him in a corner. Horrible things!!

I think this one must be the big brother of kaiser's guys!

These **ckers are all over my house :( I actually can't cope with it anymore. I am petrified of spiders and these ones just seem to get bigger and more bold and plentiful every September.

So bad am I that even hoovering the ***tards up gives me panic attacks. How the hell can they get so big? My friend told me that there was one on her sitting room wall the size of a saucer... I mean thats just not right.

It's deffo mating season too, so watch out there is hardly ever just one of them.. just when you think you have have evicted it, along comes its hubby, wife, life time partner, whatever and frightens the bejaysus out of you.

Not right. Is there something to deter them.. honest to God every September is becoming unbarable for me :( :mad:

Right so I rocked into Woodies tonight and demanded that the sales guy tell me which plug in contraption would be best to explode the arachnids.. anyway he said "none of them they just emit and ultrasonic sound that makes it fairly unbareable for them so they go elsewhere..." It has been plugged in down-stairs (€45 worth of Spider hater) and I shall let you know if it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Steal_Your_Pain

I just saw a nasty one last night. I was brushing my teeth, and a huge black thing zoomed over the mast. I've never ran so fast in all my life. Anyhow, after reading this topic, I don't think I'll be able to get much sleep tonight. Recently, I've noticed massive red lumps appearing on my legs...:(
    Any good ways to keep these giants away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 drusilla

A can of sure deoderant (male or female) when sprayed at those b@st@rds melts them up nicely. Also, Cif bathroom moose is just fun, watch them sizzle and fry!

I'm not trying to be cruel, but hey, it's us or them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Bas***ds, awoke this morning with a large, very itchy lumpy type thing on my neck, bas***ds............................bas***ds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Threads Merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I absolutely HATE spiders, Why i don't know think it was an early exposure to that delightful film arachnaphobia (sp?). Sitting on the couch in my room yesterday and this big black fuc*er falls of the ceiling, I sh*t you not there was a thud when he landed which is what caused me too look, Promptly picked him up and tossed him in with my bearded dragon.. One down. Now waiting for his significant other to come looking for her astranged husband!

Update... no spiders spotted last night following execution of "operation expensive ultrasonic plugin device". However it is early days, they could simply have become organised and sneaky.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cherni99

I had a serious problem with those massive spiders that this thread refers to in places. Funnily enough i never came across these spiders as a kid which isnt that long ago either. I started putting conkers in bowl by all the exit doors of the house, i read somewhere that they dont like the smell of conkers, this seems to do the job as i hardly get any anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Shrike

I just caught my biggest one yet! Spider.jpg Hes just about 4 inches end to end if he was fully stretched out. I took lots of close ups and i swear the 'wee' thing lunged at me and chased me for a couple of feet during it. I dropped the camera and marked it a bit but it was worth it. Heres a couple of big ones, these are about 2meg each and 3000 pixels wide for that full face fang effect! FOOM! Big 01 Big 02

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭NoNameRanger

Should this thread not be in Nature and Birdwatching?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mini5476

This guy wandered out from behind the computer last night and scared the bejesus out of me, he was swiftly hoovered up.

P8230066.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

Jesus they're TAKING OVER!

Side note: I have night terrors – wake up screaming in cold sweats – of giant spiders crawling across the walls and dropping down over my face at night...

Maybe those dreams are real... oh god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

the fukcers have start appearing in my apartment... 1 big one each nigh for the last 3 nights. seems to start early sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

yeah i found a whopper in my bedroom last night..
    God i hate them.. they are so quick..
    I squashed him against the wall with my shoe.
    I hope their aint a partner about??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Dear gods, just get yourselves one of these spider-catchers, the kind that gently gather them up:
    http://www.spidercatcher.net/EU/product.htm
    They have long handles for the really squeamish.

Or even use a pint glass and a sheet of strong paper, and then relocate them outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

coward wrote: »
    here's a close-up of one i found. it's not in spider heaven.
    but it's hopefully far away from the house :)
    img1813rhs5.th.jpg

oh my fudging jebus honking chripesy yikes, i try to tell people i've seen a spider this size but i think they had to see it to believe it! the size of the web (and whats in it) was unreal. scared the crap out of me.
    they have to be female's i think! and they live on the smaller spiders..they must have flies for gummy bears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

Right so I rocked into Woodies tonight and demanded that the sales guy tell me which plug in contraption would be best to explode the arachnids.. anyway he said "none of them they just emit and ultrasonic sound that makes it fairly unbareable for them so they go elsewhere..." It has been plugged in down-stairs (€45 worth of Spider hater) and I shall let you know if it works.

They will just go off and get little pairs of earmuffs, They will be BACK:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Happens every year in early September, absolutely hate them!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Gingy Fly

Heres a few pics of my Tarantula's for those out there interested....enjoy

Chilean Rosea Flame
    PICT0010.JPG

Mexican Red Knee
    PICT0004.JPG

Chilean Rosea standard (Male & Female about to mate)
    PICT0005.JPG

Orange Baboon Tarantula (highly defensive and this guy will run at you)
    PICT0011.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

I hate September last year i had three run across my living room floor on separate occasions .I thought they where mice .i kill them with anything i can find to squirt on them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tired

Am itchy all over now just reading this post ewwwwwwwwwww hate spiders, get the bf to kill them for me, would not go near one. A bit off topic you should see the size of the beetles :eek: that come into our house... Fecking well hugeeee, think they are worse than spiders because they make a horrible crunchy noise when you kill them yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

2008 has been a good year for moths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭wibblebee

The weird thing is i have tarantulas but can i tolerate house spiders near me .... NO ! I freak out, knowing they are around. Although i love my tarantulas, and even handled one.
    Yes house spiders are getting larger. Larger legs and tiny bodies give me the creeps. Dont know why but they seem to know where i sleep and climb up onto the ceiling, walk along and sit above my side of the bed then disappear into thin air. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

wibblebee wrote: »
    The weird thing is i have tarantulas but can i tolerate house spiders near me .... NO ! I freak out, knowing they are around. Although i love my tarantulas, and even handled one.
    Yes house spiders are getting larger. Larger legs and tiny bodies give me the creeps. Dont know why but they seem to know where i sleep and climb up onto the ceiling, walk along and sit above my side of the bed then disappear into thin air. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH:eek:

same with myself after looking at everybodys tarantulas and the like i would rather them than the house spiders !! its weird and i dont no why !!??!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bigmc84

have started spotting some big ass mothers aswell in my own place in rathfarnham, the biggest i have ever seen, i'm 24 and have a major.... major!!! fobia so this thing had me!! climbin the walls instead of the spider especially when he decided to climb up my duvet and over my blanket, with me in the bed , the one i'm seeing is decidedly foreign looking, and fast as ****, has a chocolate brown body and very jointy legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Don't leave your bedroom windows open all day fools...

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bigmc84

just this minute bought two of them, thanks for th link,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

steve-o tallus and more have posted pics of this type already,
    went for a hill climb two weeks ago and saw loads of them,

picture up on pix.ie

16AA398FF2484939B7E99157EB8A7255-800.jpg

anyone find out what they are?

they dont bother me really, spent 2 years in australaisa and their spiders eat our spiders like rice crispies.
    heres one we found in the apartment one day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8345865@N06/2278162283/

• Advertisement

ITs a Garden Cross Spider .

Advertisement