Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Played Pro Evo 6

Options
  • 26-08-2006 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭

This is for real I am not bull****ting.

I am in Vancouver for the summer with my friends and we strolled into an arcade downtown. They have these arcade machines with ps2 built into them. You buy a card for two hours and this allows you to play ps2 games on an arcade machine. We sit down and play Winning Eleven 9. Winning Eleven is the name for pro evo in the North America and Japan. WE9 is what we would know as Pro Evo 5. However the machine next to it is Winning Eleven 10!! At first I thought it was a con, but when we put in the cards to paly it it is in fact the new pro evo.

The gameplay is significently better. The passing in 5 always frustrated me and this has been improved. Also, cynical fouls in your own half when the opposition is on a counter attack always results in a yellow and sometimes a red, a massive flaw in 5 in my opinion. All in all the gameplay is more fluid and embracing of attacking football. Players don't take those awful first touches that they did in 5.

The only thing about WE6 is that the jerseys and player transfers aren't updtaed. This is the reason that we have to wait for Pro Evo 6 longer than the Japs, they only really care about the updated gameplay and not the bells and whistles of updated jerseys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Winning Eleven 10 is Pes 6 released in May for the japanese. i If you played 9 it was pes5.

We10 is out 4 months for those who can play japanese games.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

I said I was playing 9 until I noticed a machine for 10. Left 9 and started playing 10, conluding that I was essentialy playing PES6.

I said I was playing 9 until I noticed a machine for 10. Left 9 and started playing 10, conluding that I was essentialy playing PES6.

Been playing We10 for 4 months now, did you try teh random selection matches?
    Its faster and more basketball like, stupid fouls are gone from the game so it flows better.

But still some issues random selection doesnt have a play again with different teams option and the game gives both players the same formation.
    hardly quick play material.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

I think in general the fouling system is alot better in 6 then it was in 5. Haven't tried the random selestio feature yet but I am going tp try an get to the Arcade one last time before I head home next friday.

Check it out BUT make sure you select radnom sort or else you will both have the same formation, let it sort to the players best abilities.

the default 442 sucks at least with random it creats space for some.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement