Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private forums

Options
  • 26-08-2006 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick question. does anyone know where my private forums would be listed. they used to be in Hosted but they are not there anymore

thanking you in advance
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Click hosted. Go down to Rec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

As above or you could use the Private filter on the index page.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

As above, or click on the Hosted link itself then look/search through the page.
    Then subscribe to them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Karoma wrote:
    As above, or click on the Hosted link itself then look/search through the page.
    Isn't that what I said. ;)

Oh, Ruu, that filter sucks, it doesn't work properly. :/

I ignore your spam, as a general rule.
    Not all the cool,hip, private fora are under Rec. >_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah... the private filter also lists any forums you've ever been banned from.

I ignore your spam, as a general rule.
    Not all the cool,hip, private fora are under Rec. >_>
    Actually, yes they are.
    ¬_¬

*This post has been deleted by Karoma*

Ah Monkeyfudge, I was wondering why mine was packed full of other ones...

Naw aw! Faceplant! :p

Damn that public private forum!
    *Shakes Fist*

Wait, wait.
    I'll faceplant you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Because the private filter on the index is using your access masks as terms of whats private and whats not, as MF previously posted, if you were previously banned and unbanned from any forum, it will show up on your list.

Best method is to click here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=80
    Find all private forums you have access to and subscribe to any/all of your private forums. (Thread tools>>>>Subscribe to this forum)
    Select no email notification on the next page.

This will then group all your private forums onto the subbed menu second in on the left of the menu at the top of the page.

New posts in the forum are highlighted with an asterisk (*) and if you leave your mouse pointer over it, it will show who previously posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Found them, Ta much

Advertisement