Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fone memory corrupt on 6680?

• 26-08-2006 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

folks,

got a 6680 on 3 (unfortunately) and decided to copy all the data to my lappie, when i loaded up the nokia suite it wouldnt copy any stuff to the hard disk, said operation cannot be performed.?

so i basically, did a hard reset, took out the mem card and tried to copy the fone mem data, after the hard reset i did a recording to see if it would copy over.

still no good.

so looks like this is going back to 3?

i have it since jan, can i swap it for another model, how much extra for the n series one anyone know?

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

legs11 wrote:
    folks,

got a 6680 on 3 (unfortunately) and decided to copy all the data to my lappie, when i loaded up the nokia suite it wouldnt copy any stuff to the hard disk, said operation cannot be performed.?

so i basically, did a hard reset, took out the mem card and tried to copy the fone mem data, after the hard reset i did a recording to see if it would copy over.

still no good.

so looks like this is going back to 3?

i have it since jan, can i swap it for another model, how much extra for the n series one anyone know?

heers!

maybe an issue with suite.

Check that drivers have installed correctly. In your list of programs you should see separate USB driver. Drivers take long time to instal and there are about four or five of them. To check if they're installed correctly, when phone is connected go to settings>control panel>phone & modem settings. You should see a Nokia modem.
    It certainly won't copy any copyright stuff like tones, wallpapers, themes etc. Try backup. This will backup your settings, phonebook and messages. Otherwise sync your phonebook with outlook, but takes lots of patience as headers are different between outlook and phone.

Suite is generally crap anyway and I think it has disimproved since earlier versions

Advertisement