Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Question

Options
  • 26-08-2006 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

I was going to but warcraft but looking there are so many expansions that its hard to be sure what i need. Can soneone tell me or give me a link to a bundle with everything i need.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

Eh, there's currently no expansions for WoW with one due for release in September or October I think...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There are quite a few patches, but no expansions so far. The Burning Crusade is being released soon (by christmas hopefully), and thats the first expansion. You can download the full 1.12 path from a few servers. Its about 450meg if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Warcraft III is a completly differnet style of game to World of Warcraft. It's a Real Time Strategy game whereas WoW is an online RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Buy both.
    The storyline is so good, its worth starting with the RTS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Knowing the story is in no way needed to play Wow (you'll loose out some but you can pick it up as you go along as well).
    I assume you just want to play the RPG which is called "World of Warcraft".

The other games are real time strategys and while set in the same world (and happen before the RPG) dont have to be played first (but if you enjoy rts then i highly recommend them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Never played Warcraft myself. Didn't impede my enjoyment of WoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Think you're getting confused. Warcraft 3 is a different game, to play World of Warcraft you don't need anything other than WoW itself, and the patches it'll download. No expansion is out yet but as others mentioned, Burning Crusade will be, but that's a while off yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Duff Man Jr.

I see, im not getting it though. £9 a month?:eek: is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I see, im not getting it though. £9 a month?:eek: is that correct?
    yep.
    i thought the same thing at first as well, but the countless hours of enjoyment you get out of it make that small fee seem totally worthwhile:)

as for Warcraft III - get the original game (Reign of Chaos) and then the expansion if you want some more (Frozen Throne)

• Advertisement
Advertisement