Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medals in the IDF (Irish Defence Forces)

• 26-08-2006 1:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Medals for the IDF - Why??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Its called "Peace Keeping", I believe we are good at it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

B0X wrote:
    Its called "Peace Keeping", I believe we are good at it.

Are you mad, the troops on display in that parade couldnt even walk in line. You must be joking surely!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

And what do you do for a living ? scratch your hole in front of a PC. 42 Irish soldiers died in the Lebanon.

The Irish were awarded the Nobel peace prize for their peace keeping duties. Check out the first medal on every soldiers proud chest, the one that says FOR PEACE. The last time I checked they didnt hand those out for nothing. How many Nobel prizes were you awarded in the last few years ?

When the Irish went to Liberia the country turned from a slaughtering/child raping/torturing /machete hacking/cannibalising/state into a country that could hold democratic elections within the space of one year. And ask any Liberian and they will tell you that the "White Lions" as the Irish were known were the reason for change.

East Timor lost one third of its population because of Indosian invasion, the Irish gladly volunteered its troops to help save people it had no ties with.

The ARW rescued 20 women and children from a shipping container in Gbanga (Liberia) where they were being systematically raped by 14 year olds armed with Ivorian weapons

Or how about the Israeli Grapes of Wrath campaign where the Irish had to pick up the bodies of the orphans they spent the last 4 years teaching english to. Try telling my friends that those little bodies mean nothing.

Private Paul Coventry crawled under Israeli machine gun fire to apply a dressing to a fellow soldiers wounds when they opened fire on an Irish post because they would not let them through a checkpoint, so that they could lay waste to a Lebanese farming village . Are you telling me he does not deserve his Military Medal for Gallantry

Only six months ago 70 Irish soldiers went into an apartment block in Pristina (Kosovo) to rescue a serbian family. All the while they were being stoned by albanians with petrol and acid bombs. They suffered some serious injuries and the force commander for KFOR wrote a commendation for what they did.

Not to mention the Congo and the losses we suffered.

You make me sick, what public service have you ever done. You dont deserve to be called Irish. You are the ultimate traitor one who refuses to acknowledge his fellow mans sacrifices.

RANT OVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 damo.d

well said mule,dont mind the ignorant fooking keyboard warriors,who come on and talking bollox.

I knew it was easy to wind up our soldiers:D

• Advertisement

Nice reply Darkman, can I come to your 18th. Someone ban this child

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

darkman2 wrote:
    I knew it was easy to wind up our soldiers:D

Just so I know for my own reasons, Why the Fu(k would you want to?, were the tendons in your wrist starting to cramp because of lack of typing or gaming or playing with yourself and you decided that the best thing to do would make soldiers p!ssed off.

Get a fu(king life!.....

by the way, well said muletide

I reckon we should just disband the army, navy and 'air corps'. Cost less money:D We could depend on the British - a real army.

Nice reply Darkman, can I come to your 18th
    No.
    Someone ban this child
    You shouldnt be talking about your fellow poster armchairninja like that! Disgraceful.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

sure if its only a troll, theres no harm done:rolleyes:

And, em, I said nothing about banning you, although, now that you mention it, it mite not be a bad idea

I see you have deleted half of your first post Darkman. For anyone that missed it, it basically said that the Irish dont deserve medals because a few guys were not marching in time at the Easter parade. And various other insults about the Army

Have some balls darkman and leave your post up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement