Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions on a logo c+c welcome

Options
  • 26-08-2006 4:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

what do yas think ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Overall I like it, but...
    1). It reminds me of the Xbox
    2). The hamunaptra text is a bit hard to read at first
    I'd experiment with simplifying it... boiling it down into something more simple but striking... but then I'm not an expert designer myself, this is just another random 2c for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Back to the drawing board, this doesn't work as a logo at all :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

by default, a logo should be something a 5 year old can draw. too much going on here to be a logo tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭rahenyguy

A logo (from the Greek λογότυπο) is the conglomerate of a graphic element, symbol, or icon of a trademark or brand and its logotype, which is set in a (preferrably) unique typeface or arranged in a particular way. The effect of which should be immediate recognition. The shapes, colors, fonts and images are usually different from others in a similar market. The logo is one aspect of the brand of a company or economic entity.

the logo is in use at the moment its for a n/club so i dont think we will be hoping five year olds can draw it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

you've totally missed the point rahenyguy of projectmayhem's post..a logo is meant to be simple so you can easily remember it. Your design is to heavy on the brain and people will reject it

you have each word appearing 3 times which makes it very hard to concentrate on the titles
    you're using an un-naturally shaped object...i can't make sense of it
    the colours are poor and the grey object is fuzzy (i presume that's a photo of a greyed mirrorball or something?)
    there is a blue trail on in the top right hand corner...is that meant to be there?

PS. Quoting Wikipedia...why? You're coming across badly since you're looking for feedback on a design

• Advertisement

apologies if i came across bad im just very fond of the design,i had a much simpler version but i like that one maybe you might like this one better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

rahenyguy wrote:
    apologies if i came across bad im just very fond of the design,i had a much simpler version but i like that one maybe you might like this one better

I am afraid I dislike it too. It just doesn't work, go simple...plain font, clean lines, using a black back ground how is it goign to look on their letter heads etc? Black box on white paper? Where exactly will this logo be?

There is a large thread in webmaster/ flash atm about logos, I suggest you have a read.

it only appears on concessions flers etc have a white version for appearing on anything lettery we need to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

I have to agree with the others really, the first logo there is really hard to decipher, the second just as bad, and the last one is just awful (was that actually used, it looks horribley distorted &pixellated)

It probably could look better if you didnt use so many effects in photoshop (thats what it looks like with all the blue trailing, etc.) and didnt repeat the name so many times, it would be much clearer.

Sorry if it's not what you wanted to hear, but maybe you could learn from these mistakes and improve your next one? Simple is always better, maybe you could commision a five-yr old :P just kidding.

To be honest it's better than some of the crap you see out there, so don't give up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

learn illustrator, it mighty help you clean things up a bit. How do you think a logo done with a billion photoshop effects is going to print?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

heggie wrote:
    learn illustrator, it mighty help you clean things up a bit. How do you think a logo done with a billion photoshop effects is going to print?

wise words. illustrator is simple, easy and creates some fantastic logo outlines which you can then export to photoshop to mess around a bit with (that's what i do anyway)

might look into that,thanks for the advice everyone,im a complete novice to this and was only playing around when i done the logo,asked to take down the pics by company using logo sorry

Advertisement