Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone successfully rented with a dog?

Options
  • 26-08-2006 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

We've just inherited a lovely dog and will very likely need to move house if we can't negotiate with our current landlord to let the dog stay.

Has anyone managed to rent from any letting agent with a dog? We're willing to offer an adidtional security depoist and allow regular inspections, but we just cannot get rid of the dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

i have with a cat,even though it says no pets on the lease.the landlord likes the cat.i duno maybe see if your knew landlord is a petlover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

He is; he has dogs as well, but also a strict "no pets" policy for his rental properties. I'm going to draw up a letter and see if I can get him to change his mind, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

ahh renting and having an animal.

i moved to cork from sligo 3 and half years ago, brought my dog with me ..(cocker spaniel cross). it is hell finding a place

luckily the first place i got was a dump and the landlord didnt mind.
    i am now living in a gorgous house, which was new when we moved in. im 2 and half years living here now.

it was pot luck really, my dog been accepted. first the owners fiance was not too sure but then the owners parents were like.. people with dogs are good people.

a year a go we near had to move out and trying to get a house that would accept her was hell, we didnt move in the end.

best thing is, is when the owner likes animals. even doing what your thinking of doing is a great idea..i.e. additional security deposit.

best of luck to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

you'll have little bother finding a place... I'm renting and have two dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Hells_Belle

rymus wrote:
    you'll have little bother finding a place... I'm renting and have two dogs

Rymus can you tell me who you rent from?

I have a letter drawn up but am afraid to approach our landlord or letting agency. She doesn't bark (ever - may not be able to, in fact) and she's practically invisible here. I can't decide if we're better off staying mum and sitting tight or try to negotiate and risk having our lease terminated...

I love this flat but I love the dog more :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement