Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom upgrading lines in South Galway

Options
  • 26-08-2006 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I heard through the grape vine that eircom was up grading its lines for broadband in my area, (Kilcolgan) hopefully by the end of September, on seeing adverts I contacted magnet as they seem to have a good deal going with phone/tv/broadband, but I was infomed that eircom are dragging their heels on releasing the lines to competitors, has anyone experienced this, will my only option be to get BB via Eircom once my line in enabled! I would rather put a bullet in my head than get BB through Eircom!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you must go with eircom or a reseller of eircom DSL such as BT or Digiweb

and Kilcolgan will get DSL this year (ish)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ballyroe7

I am moving to Kilcolgan soon and wonder what you can tell me about it? I have a young family that will be attending Ballindereen NS and another going to Oranmore secondary school? What GAA clubs are in the locality? Anything else ? We are excited about moving!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Release lines my arse. Nice of Magnet to blame Eircom. Like most of the LLU operators, Magnet will stick to the big exchanges in the cities (primarily Dublin) to offer their wares.

Advertisement