Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Dangerous Situation!

Options
  • 26-08-2006 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine(not a shooter) was at a wedding during the summer in Durrow Castle and there was clay shooting provided by some local chap, here is what happened:

The organiser of the shooting arrived and set up traps, 5 guns on a rack etc..

The lads are called out of the bar and take pints to the stands.

Lads grab a gun each and start messing (pointing guns at each other etc.)

Lads order more pints and waitress arrives with tray.

The shooting session ends with what the organiser called 'A big Bang' where 5 guns fire simultaneously at a clay.

During the session the the organiser showed no authority or regard for safety. My friend left because of the potential danger. I was flabergasted by the madness of letting a crowd of lads loose with guns, pints and inexperience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Very interesting, I shall ask around.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

The lads are called out of the bar and take pints to the stands.

Lads grab a gun each and start messing (pointing guns at each other etc.)

Scary, what sort of idiot must that "organiser" be?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That's unbelievably idiotic and dangerous for someone to have done. Whomever was in charge had no business being in charge if they let people use shotguns after drinking, let alone letting them drink during the shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

No accounting for idiots and morons.I am convinced that there are just more mentally retarded or just plain stupid people around every day.:mad: :mad:

That is the one of the most idiotic things that I have ever heard happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

NOT GOOD :(

Keelan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

I think you should have called the cops....thats a situation that could have ended with multiple deaths or limbs missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 shc1

That is a very bad situation!
    While I don’t condone the use of firearms or alcohol the two should never be mixed.
    One of the first signs you’ll see at my local range states
    No Alcohol in Containers or People!

Hope it all works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

that is madness, i hope he gets investigated. The less people like him that call themselves shooters the better for the rest of us.

i would have freaked if i had seen that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Well if you read back through the Minister for Justice's comments during CJB meetings you will find that shotguns and clay shooting isn't lethal or dangerous... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement