Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Semester Timetables!!??

Options
  • 26-08-2006 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hey folks, just wondering if anybody has any idea when we'll be getting timetables for the new year? I've started working :eek: and I wanna be sure of my hours in college before I accept a contract! I'm not in UCDDisney :p , I'm going into third year Arts Economics (no horizons malarky) so i'm guessing it justs goes up on the website but I was hoping somebody might have some insider information?

Thanks for any help in advance :rolleyes:

Eco :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RightOn

And what about us newbies? Will we have our timetables posted out to us? Or is that just a stupid pipedream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

RightOn wrote:
    And what about us newbies? Will we have our timetables posted out to us? Or is that just a stupid pipedream?

You will go far my friend :)

Such wisdom is rare among freshers!! The time tables are probably not even finalised yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I've been nagging my respective departments for info for the past week...but apparently they don't know themselves..and I'm in the same situation with work :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Most timetables are being finalised at the moment (depending on the School) and will be posted before you start on blackboard. As far as I know there is enrollment software to help you assemble your timetable for the multiple modules that you take if you are modularised (subject to correction).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

RightOn wrote:
    you have to design your own timetable in first year modularised, well in arts you do anyway, you just select modules (lectures) which have a fixed time, and the corresponding tutorials which have loads of times that you can pick. you can avoid going to college altogether some days if your lecture times allow it and you plan your tutorials properly. i had every second friday off last year in the first term and every friday in the second term!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Timetables?

Sounds like something other universities do.

Welcome to the "Disorganised One", freshers....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well we can pick electives (most ppl) on Tuesday so surely we can find out then. I'll bet a €100 that mine has at least one mistake though. Last year there were millions of errors in mine so I doubt this year'll be any different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Yeah, I'll want to be up early on Tuesday to get a decent elective!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

All moduralised students timetables will be up on the SIS website. It changes depending on electives etc you choose so it wont be finalised till you have picked your electives. It changes instantly when you pick and elective.

griffdaddy wrote:
    you have to design your own timetable in first year modularised, well in arts you do anyway, you just select modules (lectures) which have a fixed time, and the corresponding tutorials which have loads of times that you can pick. you can avoid going to college altogether some days if your lecture times allow it and you plan your tutorials properly. i had every second friday off last year in the first term and every friday in the second term!

Thanks very much for the help. Its all a bit different from school timetables.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

RightOn wrote:
    Thanks very much for the help. Its all a bit different from school timetables.:D

Maybe whoever finds out about the timetables could post on here as soon as they know?

PS: All this talk of modularisation is really bothering me. I got into UCDDDDDDD the year before Brady sold the souls of 6,000 freshers and last year Horizons was something 2nd and 3rd year students could just go "pssf... thats for first years".... but alas no more, Horizons will now be in 2nd and 1st years, therefore taking up 2 thirds of a typical Arts/Commerce degree.

Oldies... I'm afraid Horizons is here to stay!! :(

"i'm a 3rd year.. Get me out of HERE!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

im very fond of horizons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I want my non Horizons 3rd Ec and Fi timetable!
    We don't pick modules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

dajaffa wrote:
    Well we can pick electives (most ppl) on Tuesday so surely we can find out then.

http://www.ucd.ie/students/keydates.htm

Only the lucky students doing Architecture, Physiotherapy and Nursing can pick on Tuesday and Engineering and Agriculture students choose on Wednesday. Hardly surprising the racism towards Orts students continues so it'll probably be next April before we are allowed to choose whatever crappy few electives remain.
    :rolleyes:
    > for UCD's world class administration team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

the engineering timetables are up...

http://www.ucd.ie/engineer/timetable.html

they are still only drafts but if you need a jist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Oh man, 2nd Civil, horrible timetable, have to be in UCD and the terrace on the same day twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

http://www.ucd.ie/students/keydates.htm

Only the lucky students doing Architecture, Physiotherapy and Nursing can pick on Tuesday and Engineering and Agriculture students choose on Wednesday. Hardly surprising the racism towards Orts students continues so it'll probably be next April before we are allowed to choose whatever crappy few electives remain.
    :rolleyes:
    > for UCD's world class administration team

That page has changed since the last time I saw it, woot for me though I'm physio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Simona1986 wrote:
    Oh man, 2nd Civil, horrible timetable, have to be in UCD and the terrace on the same day twice a week.

I think that's the same for all engineers, no?

last year we were in the terrace in the mornings and belfield in the evenings on monday and wednesday. Maths, Physics and Applied Dynamics were held in the terrace

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

Pythia wrote:
    I want my non Horizons 3rd Ec and Fi timetable!
    We don't pick modules.

I'm going into 2nd Ec and Fi and I havent got my timetable or elective choices yet either. I thought that we we're supposed to be able to start picking electives from the 14th.

Pythia,what should I expect from 2nd ec and fi? Is it going to be more of the same maths/stats as 1st year or does it get more interesting and relevant? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

PS: All this talk of modularisation is really bothering me. I got into UCDDDDDDD the year before Brady sold the souls of 6,000 freshers and last year Horizons was something 2nd and 3rd year students could just go "pssf... thats for first years".... but alas no more, Horizons will now be in 2nd and 1st years, therefore taking up 2 thirds of a typical Arts/Commerce degree.

Oldies... I'm afraid Horizons is here to stay!! :(

"i'm a 3rd year.. Get me out of HERE!"

Clearly nobody has broken the news to you that 3rd year is kind of being modularised too.... Sorry to be the one to tell you. I dont think we're even getting the usual timetables. We have to pick our courses online and make up our timetable that way. We arent going to exactly the same as what the first and second years do, but it's not the same as our old system either. I'd elaborate... but after what I've told you I'm just as confused as you are!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Mwaha, I'd just like to take this opportunity to laugh at you all and take undue pride in being one of the last students to graduate from UCD with an unmodularised degree...:D

Tbh in the 3 years I've been here our lot in Arts generally only gets the Timetable info the week before we start (last year's modularised firsties excepted).

Either that or my memory is playing tricks on me... again...

And here I was thinking that college authorities had to be more organised than school ones.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Hang on to that optimism for as long as you can. Nothing in Ireland is organised. Ever. Even when months of planning and organisation have gone into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

beanyb wrote:
    Clearly nobody has broken the news to you that 3rd year is kind of being modularised too.... I'd elaborate... but after what I've told you I'm just as confused as you are!

:eek:

Hold on a second, i voted for semeterisation (xmas exams etc), not modularisation. I know i have to pick subjects, its like pick 6 out of 8 or something! i didnt think it was all computerised and complicated!! i want my timetable! i'd do anything for a day off!
    Mwaha, I'd just like to take this opportunity to laugh at you all and take undue pride in being one of the last students to graduate from UCD with an unmodularised degree...:D

Us (going into) 3rd years will be graduating in 2007 with unmodularised degrees! Thank GOD! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

:eek:

Hold on a second, i voted for semeterisation (xmas exams etc), not modularisation. I know i have to pick subjects, its like pick 6 out of 8 or something! i didnt think it was all computerised and complicated!! i want my timetable! i'd do anything for a day off!
    Wait, there was democracy involved in this?!?! First I heard! :p
    Us (going into) 3rd years will be graduating in 2007 with unmodularised degrees! Thank GOD! :D
    Us (going into) 3rd years will be graduating in 2008 with modularised degrees. :( Stupid compulsory Erasmus.

Advertisement