Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sir Harry's Mall

Options
  • 26-08-2006 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭

Hey all Anyone know what is going on with Sir Harrys Mall is it ever going to reopen. I happened to be walking over and looked over at the Corbaly side and the support stucture for the hotel was in the middle of the road.

Also was looking at the new Gaelscoil site and it seems to have no yard how can you have a school without a yard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The GaelCholáiste was built as apartments so there's alot of strange non-school features like balconies, Elevators etc and basically it just doesn't look like a school!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The GaelCholáiste was built as apartments so there's alot of strange non-school features like balconies, Elevators etc and basically it just doesn't look like a school!

Afaik, the Gaelcolaiste, if it's successful, will eventually be relocated out to Coonagh, this is just a temporary home.

I wonder will Sir Harry's Mall ever be reopened? It's been closed for ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

As I was saying I dont think there is room there to put the road back in and I am tired of the traffic making my takeaway go cold on the way back from the pagoda :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

sioda wrote:
    As I was saying I dont think there is room there to put the road back in and I am tired of the traffic making my takeaway go cold on the way back from the pagoda :-(

Is there space for a one lane road?

Not from what I saw which is crap must go and take a better look though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Are they supposed to be finishing the bridge that crosses the canal at the end of Grove Island to connect to the Dublin Road which in theory is supposed to replace Sir Harry's Mall?

I know it hasn't been finished in about 2 or 3 years because of money or a dispute but I read in the Limerick Post a few weeks ago that it is starting up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I thought there was a sign down there saying it would close permanently on a particular date in 2003/04.???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Abbey Lass

Anyone got pic's of all this, I'm from the Mall would love to see whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

They have started the bridge now (if you are talking about the dead end behind supervalue and the swimming pool). They are doing the contruction work for the pillars and some other stuff (messing in the canal). Living myself at grove island i have to say it's quite annoying to hear the whole day the ramming machine ;)

I will take some pictures this afternoon or tomorrow there and from the mall.

BTW: how much does it cost to take away a (part of a) public road for a hotel? is it the same as for building an apartment block in a public park?

The sign stated no thru road from a particular date. Not talking about the corbally side although that is great news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

as requested a few pics from the mall:

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I'm pretty sure its permanently closed. The grove Island road was supposed to be completed before Grove Island opened as part of the planning permission but hey this is Ireland, as long as money is made people don't give care about the inconvience. We got letters from the various politians a few months back (Jan, Cathal etc.) promising work would start on it soon. SInce Ive moved two months ago I don't know if this was just more BS.

I always go up the back of park and out the Dublin road ( from Corbally)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CarewParkAFC

sioda wrote:
    Hey all Anyone know what is going on with Sir Harrys Mall is it ever going to reopen. I happened to be walking over and looked over at the Corbaly side and the support stucture for the hotel was in the middle of the road.

Also was looking at the new Gaelscoil site and it seems to have no yard how can you have a school without a yard

I went to a school that had no yard. i.e (Bruce College). In fact the yard was well, town. Only 2 main institutes that can say that the recently defunct Bruce College & Limerick Tutorial. My points increased due to the fact there was no yard or possibly did a lot of study from 9 in the morning till 8 at night.

Advertisement