Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish in France: anybody out there?

Options
  • 26-08-2006 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

so........
    anybody living in France??

Tell me your story of how you got here??

I'm from Galway, living on the Riviera...

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

That'll be where the nick comes from then :)

Living in Paris, been here about 8 years now after I decided to stay after the 98 World Cup Final :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Funnily enough, I'm off to Paris this weekend. I speak a decent conversational level of French, and have always wanted to live in Paris. The only problem is that my job here is too secure, and pays well, and if I go to Paris with the level of french I have, I'd drop a serious amount out of the paypacket.

I envy anyone living in France though, and should I ever get my hands on a Windfall, I'll be there in a shot.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ned, in the IT game at least, wages are much less than in Dublin but at the same time the cost of housing and cost of living is lower too.

I bought a 300sq foot flat (1 bedroom) for €70,000 3 years ago.

These days companies will emply someone with just a few French words. IN fact there are 4 non-French speakers in my building. The reasoning being that it's better for them to have someone who speaks English and picks up French than employ a French person and train them in English.

Make sure you get tickets to the PSG - Derry game this weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Living half of the time in Limousin and the other in Germany on a French Military Barracks. The OH is French. I cannot believe how cheap it is to live here compared to Dublin. My friend bought a 5 bedroom house for 60,000 euro about 4 years ago. But the beer works out the same!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Yep, here in the Dordogne... !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement