Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights Cup Games

• 26-08-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭

UCD -v- Limerick FC 5.15

Finn Harps -v- Athlone Town 7.45

St Patrick's A -v- Dundalk 7.45
    Sligo Rovers -v- Bray Wanderers 7.45
    I would predict
    Home
    Home
    Draw
    Home
    What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

UCD -v- Limerick FC 5.15 - Away

Finn Harps -v- Athlone Town 7.45 - Home

St Patrick's A -v- Dundalk 7.45 - Draw

Sligo Rovers -v- Bray Wanderers 7.45 - Home

After the win last week i can see Sligo beating Bray again. They look a good bet for the cup if they can get a few more home draws.

Dundalk Pats looks a tricky one. Pats have stuggled and Dundalk havent lost in 10 games.

As for the Limerick game. no keeper, no manager..there doing a Sunderland with Danny Drew taking over for the game. I think it suits Limerick to play on the break and the onus will be on college to take the game to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Dundalk will win, the game is our season in 90 minutes and in theory cup tied players would force us to revert to the 11 the started the season so well but our manager is mental so god only knows what he will do ....actually he will play Anto Murphy.......:(

Dundalk have 7 ex pats players in their line up so expect one of them to score.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

UCD -v- Limerick FC - Home (would have fancied Limerick to get a win but then I read applehunter's post)
    Finn Harps -v- Athlone Town - Draw
    St Patrick's A -v- Dundalk - Away
    Sligo Rovers -v- Bray Wanderers - Home

Here's hoping that the Rovers can have a good cup run this season. We should win this game today but the cup can throw up some results that go against league form, as you all know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

How the **** are UCD drawing with a first division team that has a midfielder in goal? The bookies will be creaming their pants over this.

UCD 3 - 1 Limerick - Result
    Sligo Rovers 1 - 0 Bray (Singh 32 mins) :)
    Finn Harps 0 - 0 Athlone Town
    St Patrick's Ath 0 - 0 Dundalk

All according to Aertel (the Rovers score is correct, I'm listening to it on Ocean FM). Bray have had a couple of very good chances to score, including two 30-odd minute forced save from John O'Hara in quick succession. Between 35 to 40 minutes gone in the remaining three matches.

• Advertisement

Final score: Sligo Rovers 2 - 1 Bray Wanderers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Was at the Dundalk match.

Great noise and colour from the Dundalk crowd. :)

Thought Dundalk were much the better team and only for Philip Hughes going off with what looked like a hamstring injury they would have at least drawn.

Is this Pats year? Its been 40 plus years since they last did it.

KdjaCL , whos the left winger for Pats. He might be in a bit of trouble with the little middle fingered justure to the Town fans.:p

A wins a win i suppose.

Even with Foley Mulcahy midfield we were lacklustre, they shaded both halves but were fairly poor up front altho they hit the bar they never looked like scoring.

We plodded along and only our wingers having decentish games won it for us, 2 crosses (2nd one from o Connor was fantastic) pretty much won the game.

Decent game to watch but we gave away the ball in midfield too easily crating an open game that really shouoldnt have been open.

kdjac

Is this Pats year? Its been 40 plus years since they last did it.

KdjaCL , whos the left winger for Pats. He might be in a bit of trouble with the little middle fingered justure to the Town fans.:p

Lost count after 40 its 45 or somfin 46 next year, Sean O Connor dropped last few games due to contract dispute played well tonight.

Did yeah see me free kick at half time ? :D Or were you watching lesbian romp that was the irish ladies team in Mc D?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaCL wrote:
    Did yeah see me free kick at half time ?
    :eek:

First one was a shocker.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    :eek:

First one was a shocker.

Ocassion got to me, wont happen again boss :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

livescore.com had the UCD match still at 1-1 in the 70th minute. Gob****es

RTE have the result of the sligo match as 2-0 to them. When you click on the score it gives the name of the bray goalscore but still has them as nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Shelbourne 0 - 1 Derry.

On that performance, not bloody surprising! :mad:
    Also, thats 3 years in a row they've done us out of the cup!

Advertisement