Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dj's and tax

• 26-08-2006 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    Out of curiosity does anyone here who gig's say 5 times a week pay any of the cash to mr tax man or are things still mostly cash in hand?Are clubs strict in the sense of saying "you must be on the books ect"?

Also whats the going rate wise for nightclub Dj's in dublin,say Johnny plays a 2hour set in (shock horror) club m,what should he be expecting to come out with

Nb* i dont work for revenue either :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

proper club djs will get mostly cash in hand

djs who play in places like club m and that seem to be employed by agencies, like star djs, who i would imagine pay them a wage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

I dj five nights a week and pay tax on all of them.Some bars pay cash not that many as years gone by but some do.As to what the going rate is well depends who you work for:D You work for yourself you have no middle man..

Advertisement