Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't touch this company

Options
  • 26-08-2006 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi

If anyone is tempted to use the services of a company called Callidus Telecom, DO NOT waste your time.

I have experienced the worst month of internet usage life.

I won't rant on but basically I experience;

1) Woefull customer service (never phone back / contact when there were problems)

2) Pathetic internet access (no access for 5 days on the trot and currently barely online. 21min to download a 1MB file!!)

If anyone wants more proof they can PM me but just thought I would warn you against them.

If they have a problme with this posting, please let me know as this is not specualtion but FACT and I have my communications to prove it.

You've been warned :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

what area's do they operate in?...never heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

i wounder if last mile bb changed name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

Where are you getting their signal from? I've heard about them and have a good bit of info on them. Dunno if I should post it tho so PM me if you want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

markdunne wrote:
    Where are you getting their signal from? I've heard about them and have a good bit of info on them. Dunno if I should post it tho so PM me if you want to know.
    Positive or negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

rash wrote:
    what area's do they operate in?...never heard of them.

This is them

• Advertisement

nevf wrote:
    Positive or negative?

Mostly Negative unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

From their website, and looking at the options available, they do actualy look like another node of Last Mile BB - same download rates and prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

SOHO provides speeds of 512Mbps/512Mbps download/upload at contention ratio 30:1
    hahaha thats there home package ;)

It's pretty feeble alright. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

They took over a section of network down here in the SE. Got all the usual marketing spin about great service etc.

Firstly they didn't even know what bandwidth I was on (supposed to be 2mb),never sent out any invoices, only sent me T&C when I asked for them and when I did, the guy on the phone was like "T&C...erm......right". Got the 1 week later.

I wa only with them a month because I reckon I was able to use about 4 days out of that month. The rest my speed was around 14.4k !!

I reverted to using dilup.

Needless to say I cancelled with them and this is the reason for my post.

You have been warned.

• Advertisement

GP where abouts in the SE are you? maybe I could help you out with a better service?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

I'm with them too, I live outside Dungarvan and am hooked into what was the SouthEast WAN network before they took it over.

I have to agree that since they took it over quality of service has been falling rapidly, my internet connection has been next to unusable for nearly a week now, the speed has completly dropped to nothing. It appears to be routing/DNS problems on the network from what I'm seeing my end.

I've contacted them nearly three times about this and still haven't managed to talk to a "technician" about my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Seems to contradict whats on their front page.
    SOHO - Euro 36 per month

This package has been designed for the user who doesn't require the larger upload/download speeds of our business packages. It provides an always on wireless broadband connection at 1Mbps/1Mbps download upload speed at a contention ratio 30:1

pauln wrote:
    I'm with them too, I live outside Dungarvan and am hooked into what was the SouthEast WAN network before they took it over.

I have to agree that since they took it over quality of service has been falling rapidly, my internet connection has been next to unusable for nearly a week now, the speed has completly dropped to nothing. It appears to be routing/DNS problems on the network from what I'm seeing my end.

I've contacted them nearly three times about this and still haven't managed to talk to a "technician" about my problem.

Paul, I was also part of SE WAN. All I can say is, I hop you have LOTS of patience. My advice would be to seek other service providers IF there are any for your area.

GP wrote:
    Paul, I was also part of SE WAN. All I can say is, I hop you have LOTS of patience. My advice would be to seek other service providers IF there are any for your area.

Luckly enough my line just became ADSL enabled recently so I am going through the various different providers at the minute to see which is offering the best deal even if it is only a backup to what I have currently.

BT Ireland look to be doing a good deal at the minute but it's difficult enough to choose having to go through all the terms and conditions for each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 callidus

We are in the process of taking over ownership of this network in the South East of Ireland. This process can take some time as we are waiting on network data sheets, plans, settings etc. The total handover should be completed within the next two to three weeks. In the meantime you are still operating on the network as it was when being supported by the original owners. We have taken over support of the customer base so you are correct in getting in contact with us regarding your ongoing issues. At the moment we are going through the network with a fine toothcomb to assess the current situation and earmark the equipment that needs to be replaced or upgraded. We have on order from the US approx $50,000 worth of equipment for major upgrades which need to take place and to create a structured backbone to what is at the moment quite an organic network. This in simple terms means that the network was originally started as a community project and grew organically from there with nodes and sites being added when necessary. We need to restructure this to bring it to commercial grade and I’m sure you will understand that this will take a little time. We are hoping to have the work completed in full within the next two months but you will start to see a steady improvement in quality of service over the next few weeks. In regard to support, our support lines are open from 8:30am to 6pm Monday – Friday, if you get put through to the answering machine during these times please leave a message and someone will be back in contact with you promptly.

We apologise for any trouble currently being experienced but you can be assured we are doing everything in our power to improve the situation.

callidus wrote:
    We are in the process of taking over ownership of this network in the South East of Ireland. This process can take some time as we are waiting on network data sheets, plans, settings etc. The total handover should be completed within the next two to three weeks. In the meantime you are still operating on the network as it was when being supported by the original owners. We have taken over support of the customer base so you are correct in getting in contact with us regarding your ongoing issues. At the moment we are going through the network with a fine toothcomb to assess the current situation and earmark the equipment that needs to be replaced or upgraded. We have on order from the US approx $50,000 worth of equipment for major upgrades which need to take place and to create a structured backbone to what is at the moment quite an organic network. This in simple terms means that the network was originally started as a community project and grew organically from there with nodes and sites being added when necessary. We need to restructure this to bring it to commercial grade and I’m sure you will understand that this will take a little time. We are hoping to have the work completed in full within the next two months but you will start to see a steady improvement in quality of service over the next few weeks. In regard to support, our support lines are open from 8:30am to 6pm Monday – Friday, if you get put through to the answering machine during these times please leave a message and someone will be back in contact with you promptly.

We apologise for any trouble currently being experienced but you can be assured we are doing everything in our power to improve the situation.

Hello,

I thank you for your response to us in this matter but I have to complain that it has taken a thread on this forum to get you to offer anything in the way of an official communication to your customers regarding the lack of service you have provided in the southeast area over the past week (In truth the service has been mediocre at best for the last month).

You say your service lines are open but whenever I call I just get my name and number taken as mysteriously there are never any technicians available to answer my questions (Nobody has ever bothered to call me back to date.). Also every time I ring you seem to have a different story as to what is happening but no answers.

I appreciate that you are in a state of transition on the network and that interruptions’ are inevitable in this time but without better communications with your customers our frustration is justified.
    I would also argue that you are offering a service which you charge your customers for and that your upgrading networks is not an excuse to still charge us but provide nothing in the way of service.

The fact still remains though that the internet connection in the southeast is next to non existent for the better part of a week now with nothing in the way of an explanation from you as to when service will be restored or even an admittance to the problem by you until now.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Strasser

Any update on how Callidus are doing in the SE now, I am interested to know if their promises of last Septmeber have been fulfilled or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Nope. Same dodgy service, same dodgy quality. I got talking to a neightbour who uses their service and he has about 20 of their customers within an inch of going to another provider (just waiting on final approval on new deal from the new provider). Apparently, all emails and phone calls are ignored. I wonder will they even miss there 20 x 35 euro per month?

So much more options out there now anyway. I'd stay away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 deise69

Azzeretti,
    I too was with Callidus up to a few months ago and have to agree that the service was rubbish. Someone faked my signature on the installation form and they removed the money from my account, 2 weeks before it was even installed. This was after I received a bill in the post and rang customer service and was told the money would not be taken. The first installation was positioned too low and I could not get a proper signal. It was 7 months before they figured this out , after numerous calls , which were never returned. :mad:
    If you are in the Dunhill area, is there any chance you can PM me and let me know who you are changing too, as I'm trying to organise another provider myself and am looking for people to sign up to them.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Babelouee

I am just after seeing this post now!
    I am with Callidus also, living outside Waterford, my connection is slow, down on a regular basis, was down for 2 weeks before someone came to look at it. If you ring after 5.30 you get voicemail saying "opening hours 8.30 - 6pm". They rarely ring back also, and funnily enough they manage to send the invoices and deduct payment from our accounts no problem!
    I spoke to the one of the guys who owns a mast they have and he told me that they get numerous complaints.
    I contacted several other broadband companies but unfortunatly where I live is remote. I have contacted other providers where there could be a possiblility of changing with them, if so I'm gone, the service from callidus could not be any worse.

Any other service providers companies that may transmit to the Waterford/Glenmore/Wexford area, names are welcome here.

Babelouee wrote:

Any other service providers companies that may transmit to the Waterford/Glenmore/Wexford area, names are welcome here.

Try Permanrt...

I don't use them and don't know what they're like but I've heard about them form a few people.

Good luck!

http://www.permanet.ie/

Advertisement