Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ati x1950

• 26-08-2006 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

saw this on ocuk are these gona be any good or what.are they to market par to the 7950 ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

looks like it. You know what ati and nvidia are like. always trying to better each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Seems to match up quite well to and even beat the 7950 untill you get into the stupid resolutions.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

2GHZ ram:eek:

Its a souped up X1900XTX... Nothing new yet:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

I WANT DX10 AND AMDS NEW CORES NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

^^ No point in forking out on one of these with the dx10 chips coming out imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

awhir wrote:
    saw this on ocuk are these gona be any good or what.are they to market par to the 7950 ???

In the fourms at overclockers they are not giving the x1950 any good reviews. All the people are posting saying its not a big enough step up to be worth buying. What they are saying you should just buy the x1900 and overclock it.

no point in going for a amd 4x4 then kentfield will simply obliterate it. As for directx 10 i dont think there is any point in buying a card straight away. How many games will have native dx10 support at launch ? And as i said before first gen dx10 card will be like the 5800 series, consume to much power, arnt any good ect ect. id say wait a few months before you even consider buying one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

crysisis

i dont think one game will warrent me paying 600 for a dx10 card when it comes out. I just think its wiser and makes more sense to wait a while before jumping into dx10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

conzymaher wrote:
    2GHZ ram:eek:

Its a souped up X1900XTX... Nothing new yet:(

This is just a product line refresh. Standard across the board and the DDR3 memory is what they have used to justify the product refresh. Think AMD releasing AM2 and adding DDR2 support.

Also gives them a few months of know how DDR3 performs before moving their whole product line to it for there X2900 range.

• Advertisement

anti wrote:
    i dont think one game will warrent me paying 600 for a dx10 card when it comes out. I just think its wiser and makes more sense to wait a while before jumping into dx10

Will cost more than that when you consider PSU requirements.. New cards are going to consume stupid amounts of power.

Is UT2007 DX10 or DX9?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Crysis will work with DX9 cards, the only confirmed DX10 only title is Halo 2.

Who gives a **** about that?

TomCo wrote:
    Crysis will work with DX9 cards, the only confirmed DX10 only title is Halo 2.

Who gives a **** about that?

Even Flight Sim X is being released as DX9 and will only be DX10 when a patch is released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

This is just a product line refresh. Standard across the board and the DDR3 memory is what they have used to justify the product refresh. Think AMD releasing AM2 and adding DDR2 support.

Also gives them a few months of know how DDR3 performs before moving their whole product line to it for there X2900 range.

You mean GDDR4?

Interesting card....but for those of us with 1280x1024 LCD's.....is something over midrange even warranted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

juliuspret wrote:
    You mean GDDR4?

Interesting card....but for those of us with 1280x1024 LCD's.....is something over midrange even warranted?

Yes, newer games with large amounts of AA+Af will run better on the single cards at 1280*1024. This is one of those cards that is better for the normal Lcd user, rather then the 7950.

krazy_8s wrote:
    Yes, newer games with large amounts of AA+Af will run better on the single cards at 1280*1024. This is one of those cards that is better for the normal Lcd user, rather then the 7950.

Exactly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

anti wrote:
    no point in going for a amd 4x4 then kentfield will simply obliterate it.
    Evidence as to how the Kentsfield will blow it away?

Oh and the UT3 will support many of the features of DX10 but will run on DX9 cards, very much like Crysis.

I just looked at some Flight sim X screenshots and they look amazing!

Fligth Simulator 2004 looks terrible so I never bought it...

Anyway, When is ATI next proper release of a new GFX card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

What I really want to see is side by side, scene by scene comparisons of DX9 vs DX10 in end user applications.

None of this "here's an artists impression of what we think DX10 will look like" crap.

• Advertisement

There is not a lot of difference at the minute, But DX10 supports unified shaders it will take a while for developers to take advantage of DX10....

They are blaming the lack of DX10 game development on lack of DX10 hardware which is fair :)

Advertisement