Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rio's broken toe

• 26-08-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭

....didn't a similar injury famously keep Lineker out for months?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Will know for definite in the morning I believe. Broken toes are very easy to break and very awkward to heal with footballers for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

well he has 2 weeks to recover, we should have heinze, neville and the vidic back by then, but hopefully rio is fit, we definately need him for celtic and arsenal. It will probably keep him out of the england games anyway, speaking of england,
    could ye hear the united fans singing today? "stick your f***ing england up your a**!" everytime time that ronaldo was booed, great the hear! shows that united fans are well behind him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

How long does a broken toe take to heal? Surely he'll miss the Celtic game?

How long have Heinze and Vidic been out injured and when are they expected back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

Heinze has slight muscle wastage in his quadricep; I think he'll be back in two weeks.

Vidic broke his wrist in training, although I'm sure he is training. He'll be back by the Tottenham game, I'm sure.

As for Rio, he's a massive player for us and I really hope he's alright. We have to accept, though, that he may miss a few weeks of action. It's a good thing we have plenty of cover at the back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I know Van Persie borke his toe last year which kept him out for a few months.
    Strange injury can be grand but one has to be very carefull with it.
    Id give him a month. He will probably miss the arsenal match though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

This may sound incredibly silly but which toe was it? Wouldn't there be a difference in recovery time between your big toe and little toe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I'm still shocked that United haven't gone and bought another centre half. The performance by all four defenders against Watford was embarrassing. I'd like to see Heinze played in the centre like he does for Argentina as Ferdinand/Vidic/Brown are all weak enough players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

This may sound incredibly silly but which toe was it? Wouldn't there be a difference in recovery time between your big toe and little toe?
    It's not silly as you can play with a broken toe depending on which toe and how serious. Ferdinand played on until the end yesterday which would suggest it isn't the big toe but you still couldn't guess how long he's out for. I just hope he misses the Celtic game and is back after that. ;)

I'm still shocked that United haven't gone and bought another centre half. The performance by all four defenders against Watford was embarrassing. I'd like to see Heinze played in the centre like he does for Argentina as Ferdinand/Vidic/Brown are all weak enough players.

i think your gettin a bit carried away there, united aint been this strong defensively in a long long time,. agreed, united were poor defensively today, however its not esy to defend against high ball after high ball into the box and a referee who was very whistle happy. united first choice back 4 this year will be

neville - rio - vidic - heinze,

3 of those were missing and rio plyed very well except the goal. add in browne, silvestre, o shea, evra and thats 8 defenders, i can remember a few years back, having to put keane in center half as we were so stuck. vidic will given time, prove himself alongside ferdinand. evra has had a very decent start to the season and was excellent in pre season. as regards the goalkeeping, with the option to recall howard and foster off loan, i dont think any team is stronger in the respect, foster could be an england number 1 within 3 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/5289630.stm

looks like he may still play for england on wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Bruised alright, but I doubt they'll risk him for the first 2 england matches. Is Vidic close to returning btw, maybe do a Cantona job and play with a cast for a while?

Advertisement