Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with dial up internet providers.

Options
  • 26-08-2006 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello all.
    I am a bit clueless on the Internet front.
    Just got the interent back after 8 months and am paying redicious high rate pay as you go with BT.
    My family are with phone company talk talk, their internet service is ****.
    What companies provide a flat rate monthly service for dial up service. Where you can keep your ordinary phone with talk talk. I know alot of the bigger companies want all your custom thanks for help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

BT offer 280 hours for 30 euros a month, if I remember somewhat correctly. If you can't get broadband, another option might be Vodafone Data Unlimited, which is 49 a month for unlimited usage (I'm typing this on it and very pleased with the service, though I am in a 3G coverage area).

There may also be wireless providers in your area. Whereabouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I used 061 geographic POP number onto Eircom ISP (free) and if each session is limited to under 60min (drop & reconnect every 59 minutes), then you can get a talk talk pack that gives such calls weekends & evening free.

We found that with talkTalk using the Eircom 189x number was still charged on Eircom account and was more expensive than talkTalk local calls during daytime!

So after this change to 061 number instead of 189x number our phone bill dropped to 1/3rd!

We now pay even less than our line rental in calls as we have Digiweb Metro Wireless now, shortly I will cancel Eircom line too as the Metro based phone (061, not 076) is working fine. In theory I was to get my number ported but that is very slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭tomsie100

Hello all i live in ballindine in mayo in the countryside,
    What are the broadband options there.
    Thanks didnt expect responses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

irishwan.com probably or westnet.ie maybe

otherwise well a DSL connection (using wireless) out of Claremorris

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Balllindine's a little out of reach at the moment, but we're getting closer all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement