Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Weird problem

• 26-08-2006 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Ok heres the set up!

I have a Sharp LC-32P70E (TV), Sky Plus and a Sony DVP-NS76H (HDMI DVD)

The Problem is that since I started using the Sony DVD Player whenever I switch back to normal Sky the picture on the Sharp display goes completely black for about a second while changing the channels. This doesnt happen all the time, but quite abit.

Would anyone know whats causing this? Or how to prevent it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Not so weird , this is very common on the current batch of TV's and always when switching between HDMI and other sources , for instance its really common with the new Sky HD setup. The problem does not happen when using the component input.

What you need to do is to look up your TV model number and see if there is a software update ( if you TV has a built in tuner you may be able to update your software via that ).

Also check with you DVD maker as well , there may be some upgrade available for that too.

If not then you should know that the issue is not really a fault , its just very slow to switch on the HDMI interface is all. Like I said its very common and you will see a lot of posts on this issue over on avforums

www.avforums.com

Advertisement