Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got Flatout2 on Pc, is it any good?

Options
  • 27-08-2006 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Thats all i want to ask basically. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

yes its very good, have yet to play it online but its godo crack as a quick fix racing game.

The only problem i gfind is when your winning and lose a ****ing wheel!!!!!and have to plod along with 3 wheels and come in last.

realistic physics gone mental tbh but overall keeping your car in one peice is a skill :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

A mix between Destruction Derby and Gran Turismo but with a nice arcady feel to it.

Great fun, the stunts are a bit surreal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yep, great fun. Don't like the stunt events much either, but love the destruction derbies. Nice graphics too, HDR lighting effects all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it's great fun if played in short bursts
    wouldn't really recommend it as a full price purchase, but definitely worth €30 or so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Thanks lads, thats what i wanted to know. Looks like ill be putting it on my to get list then.
    What sort of graphics card are ye playin it with, does it need a powerful set-up to play decent?

Ps: what other car games are worth getting, sort of lost interest in games past couple yrs and couldnt play them anyway on my dinosour pc but want to get Toca race driver2+3, is driver3 any good, i loved the original driver on pc, that was so much fun with the slides and the wheels spinning out as you fling it out on a street like in the films. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm playing it on an Athlon 64 3200+ system with 2gigs of RAM and an nvidia 6800GT and it runs perfectly in my screen's native resolution of 1280x1024.

Need for speed most wanted was quite good too, easily the best of the recent need for speed games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Excellent game, love the destruction derby events too, graphics and physics are great. Well worth buying....

CC

Advertisement