Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia Vrs

• 27-08-2006 1:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Does anybody on here own one or drive one? What are they like? Also I have seen vrs225 advertised on carzone, I would prsume these are 225bhp but I cannot find anything about them on the web, anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Someone on boards used to own 1 and it kept getting stolen, think that was an Rs though. Just thought i`d share that with you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭fletch

I presume it was a remapped 180bhp vRS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Nuttzy wrote:
    Someone on boards used to own 1 and it kept getting stolen, think that was an Rs though. Just thought i`d share that with you. :)

Wasn't that Paddy? I think he still frequents the forum so he can tell you about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Nuttzy wrote:

hmmm, one of the reasons I was thinking of getting one was because I didn't think they would have 'theft appeal'.

Fletch: the 180 can be remapped to about 210 easily, anything more would need a bit of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Hi,

I own one of these (for sale on Carzone by the way) - 180bhp standard version. I'd presume the 225bhp is either re-mapped or someone has gone to a lot of trouble to fit the full front mounted intercooler and upgraded turbo from the Audi TT / Cupra R.

I'd say 225bhp would be a bit of a handful as the car just copes with the 180bhp in the dry and can be a touch hairy in the wet.

I'd be surprised if they get stolen that often. Nobody really's gives it a second look - probably helps mine is generally dirty. Cracking car for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

These cars are usually stolen to order. Your average knacker probably would not look at them twice so may get lucky but usually the type of thief that steals these cars knows what they are getting. Even removing the badges will not deter these guys. They know their cars. Things like upgraded brakes, exaust and vRS interior give the game away.

Regarding 225bhp, more than likely a remap of the standard 180bhp version in the MkI Octavia vRS. The torque steer must be interesting to say the least on a front wheel drive car with that amount of power.

The new MkII Octavia vRS has 200bhp and uses the same engine as the Golf GTi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Touch worried now since I'm only up the road from Octy VRs. The moral might be to keep it looking filthy, and block it (and a pimped up Ibiza) on the driveway with 2tons of Japenese Pig Iron 4x4 with highly visible company branding on!

mike65 wrote:

Hmmm, these are worrying because I live in Celbridge. How **** is it that when buying a car you are limited to what people wouldn't want to steal :(

One of these with a TDI badge might be a better choice then, looks the same as a standard leon so it shouldn't get much attention.

http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=466415

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭ando

yea deffo a remapped 180 then, you cant get the 210 or 225 BHP engine in the Skoda mentioned above ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mloc123 wrote:
    One of these with a TDI badge might be a better choice then, looks the same as a standard leon so it shouldn't get much attention.

http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=466415

A bright yellow one will get attention. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

OP - visit www.briskoda.net - plenty of VRS owners around there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

mloc123 wrote:
    Hmmm, these are worrying because I live in Celbridge. How **** is it that when buying a car you are limited to what people wouldn't want to steal :(

Couldn't agree more. Now that I'm getting on a bit and insurance isn't quite the shafting it once was, I find me thinking of treating myself to a real nice car, an M3 or something. What stops me is, with a wife and kid in the house, I don't want anything parked on my drive that's going to make a committed thief come into my house looking for keys. I just wouldn't be able to relax no matter where it was parked.

Advertisement