Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italian Supercup Inter Roma goalfest

• 27-08-2006 3:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭

Shock horror Italian football big club match classic! I didn't see the game but it looked quite special... Roma, who beat Inter in the Italian Cup final last year, raced into a 3-0 lead only for Vieira (2) and Crespo with a terrific header to take it into extra time, with Figo then scoring a trademark peach freekick to win the match for Inter 4-3. Euronews have the goals on rotation.

Edit: with Juve and Milan seemingly out of the equation, surely now it's Inter's time to finally dominate Italian football?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah it was a good game, Inter were very bad in the first half, Crespo made a big difference when he came on. Ibra should hav had 4 but hes just not sharp enough, he needs a few more games. Vieira played very well and got man of the match(I'd have given it to Figo). Roma destroyed Inter in the first 30 mins and should have went on from there. Inter have there best chance since 89 now and I hope they take it but you cant rule out Roma or Milan(its only an 8 point deduction).

Oh and Inter won the Coppa Italia last year, beating Roma in the final to retain it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

kinaldo wrote:
    Shock horror Italian football big club match classic! I didn't see the game but it looked quite special... Roma, who beat Inter in the Italian Cup final last year, raced into a 3-0 lead only for Vieira (2) and Crespo with a terrific header to take it into extra time, with Figo then scoring a trademark peach freekick to win the match for Inter 4-3. Euronews have the goals on rotation.

Edit: with Juve and Milan seemingly out of the equation, surely this is now Inter's big chance to finally dominate Italian football?

Inter have beaten Roma in the last 2 Itialn Cup finals. Inter did the double last year and beat Roma the year before.

Inter have a fantastic team this year. THey have a good mix of you and old.

Upfront I think they have a better line up than Chelsea.

At the back they have the best full backs in Grosso and Zanetti. I still think they need a new centre half. Big Sam and Marco would be my first choice with Cordoba as a back up.

Mid filed is another area we need backing up on. Vieira is a good replacement for Veron and Cambiasso is the best player Inter had last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Is Grosso really all that great defensively? He looked very poor and was ripped to shreds by the Roma right-winger.

Still, only his & Inter's first competitve game of the season, i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

inter are like the newcastle of italy, they'll blow it

they'll go close, maybe it will even go down to the wire....but then they'll choke. its like their "thing".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

el rabitos wrote:
    inter are like the newcastle of italy, they'll blow it

they'll go close, maybe it will even go down to the wire....but then they'll choke. its like their "thing".

lol, I've always considered them the Ncastle of Italy. Except they at least win the odd cup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

SofaKing wrote:
    Is Grosso really all that great defensively? He looked very poor and was ripped to shreds by the Roma right-winger.

He was caught out quite a bit positionally for Italy at the WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

dor83 wrote:
    Oh and Inter won the Coppa Italia last year, beating Roma in the final to retain it.

oops yeah that's right looks like Inter are starting to clean up now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Eirebhoy, so keeping with the Newcastle/Inter parallels, what you're saying is Grosso is basically Inter's version of Babayaro :)

Despite that 8point gap, i can still see Milan overtaking Inter and clinching the title, esp. if they sign Ronaldo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

SofaKing wrote:

Mancinni is a beast, I'd rate his is the best right winger in the world right now, his pace, ball control and passing are all top notch and he is so so so good cutting inside and scores a lot of goals... im rambling but he is amazing.

Grosso is very good, still young aswell.

SofaKing wrote:

Despite that 8point gap, i can still see Milan overtaking Inter and clinching the title, esp. if they sign Ronaldo.

apparently they (AC) are paying €10million for Oliveria from Betis tomorrow, having a medical at Milan Lab today, Is he any good? only seen him in LC and didnt really do much :S

Also I think Milan will still win Seira A, last season they were 12 ahead oif inter, so they still have 4 points to play with =D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Seaneh wrote:
    apparently they (AC) are paying €10million for Oliveria from Betis tomorrow, having a medical at Milan Lab today, Is he any good? only seen him in LC and didnt really do much :S

Also I think Milan will still win Seira A, last season they were 12 ahead oif inter, so they still have 4 points to play with =D

He's ok from what I've seen of him but he is no Ronaldo!

That Milan Lab is some place. Saw a programe about it last year. THey do some strange **** in there but it works!

The squad Inter have now is much better than last year. Last year Adriano was poor. If he drops of the place there is 3 other (ok maybe 2!) world class strikes to come in and take his place.

Grosso is a good full back. He'll get into it and be great. And I'd agree about what was said about Mancinni.

I reckon Inter will beat Milan with or without the 8 point gap mind you we'll probably need it!

Inter are nothing like Newcastel. I would've compared them to Chealsea before they got the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Olivera is a big target man like striker, very good player. Must be a done deal hes gone from Real Betis squad list already. Was on loan last season and this happened recently...........
    MADRID, Aug 22 (Reuters) - Brazilian striker Ricardo Oliveira has been fined one million euros ($1.29 million) for his failure to return to Real Betis at the appointed date after a loan spell at Sao Paulo.

Oliveira returned to Seville on Monday, nine days after he was supposed to begin pre-season preparations with the Primera Liga side.

'He has had to pay the one million euros that are written into his loan contract if he arrived late,' the club's leading shareholder Manuel Ruiz de Lopera told reporters on Tuesday.

Asked why Oliveira was not at training on Tuesday, Lopera replied with a smile: 'He's asked for a couple of days rest to recover from the shock at having to pay the fine.'

Oliveira was loaned to Sao Paulo in April because Betis had removed him from their official squad list while he was recovering from a knee ligament injury sustained the previous November.

He helped Sao Paulo reach the final of the Libertadores Cup which they lost to fellow Brazilians Internacional.

Oliveira was Betis's leading scorer in the 2004/2005 season, scoring 22 league goals and was part of the Brazil squad that won the Copa America in 2004 and the Confederations Cup in 2005.

Some fine :eek:

kdjac

I'd say the transfer feen being thrown about (€10million) for his move to milan is inclusive of his fine, sign on fee and tansfer fee...

22 league goals the season before last, thats a good sign!

Advertisement