Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Critique...

Options
  • 27-08-2006 4:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for some site critique, its brand new, doesn't serve much at the moment, but down the line it will host a number of other bands in the cavan area. Really at the moment though I'm just having trouble finding the right layout and style, this is about the best so far but I'm finding myself bored of it already. Any suggestions on how to liven it up but keep the (i hope) professional look and feel?

Of course all suggestions are otherwise welcome!

EDIT: The feckin link would help I suppose! :D

www.cavanrock.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Hi guys,

Looking for some site critique, its brand new, doesn't serve much at the moment, but down the line it will host a number of other bands in the cavan area. Really at the moment though I'm just having trouble finding the right layout and style, this is about the best so far but I'm finding myself bored of it already. Any suggestions on how to liven it up but keep the (i hope) professional look and feel?

Of course all suggestions are otherwise welcome!

EDIT: The feckin link would help I suppose! :D

www.cavanrock.com

Hmm looks very template monster to me and that usually means boring. First off the colours are awful, in particular the brown.

The navigation is all over the place, I would put the main navigation, home, bios ect across the top of the image and the band links where the navigation is at the moment.

Intead of having two segments very obviously separated into top and bottom, how about you just continue the top segment down and join into the bottom one, get rid of little edges at the sides. There are too many shapes going on for the mind to take them all in.

TBH I would start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gary.b

Everything is IMHO btw..

The new silvery site is nice.

You have too many buttons on the side menu ( but i really like the menu itself) - move some of them to the top and arrange them in a horizontal menu (gigs, bands etc.)

A few light pastel colours won't go astray.

And you need a better header graphic & logo.

Aside from that - it's spot on. Clean and fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Yeah the buttons on the side were annoying me having so many, im thinking of having a header below the banner with the important links and the rest down the side.

As for the banner I'm not great with image editing or photoshop. I also agree with a couple of pastel colours, I'm just trying to decide how/where to work them in! Any thoughts?

Thanks for the critique! :D

Advertisement