Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP classes

Options
  • 27-08-2006 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've been developing in PHP for quite a while now, but I've never used classes, yet pretty much every time I look at downloaded code, it uses classes. So I suspect it's something I should at least know :D

What do they add to a system? Can anyone point me to a primer on creating, developing and using classes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

louie, i had done a search but couldn't find the introduction you linked to. perfect, ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Glad it helps.
    you just have to look for the right word/s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

You will want to play close attention to the version of php you use and the version being talked about. There are quite a few very significant differences between the php4 and php5 object models. 5 Being far superior and much more like what you would expect from a proper OO language. Regarding OO you might be best of reading a general introduction on it's principles etc that isn't language specific. That will give you a much better idea of the power of OO.

Advertisement