Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amd 3500+ overclocking

• 27-08-2006 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys im trying ot overclock my 3500 on air to extreemly high speeds, but im comming stuck, i can get it to 2.51 with a fsb of 228 with vcore at 1.550 + 13%. Dram is at 2.80v chipset is at 1.7 too. This seems to be the highest clock speed i can get. I have loosened the ram timings ot 3-3-3-3-8 from 2-2-2-2-7, given more juice to everything and no lucky. havee i hit the threshold for this cpu ? its maxing out at 42c under a 12 hour loop in 3dmak 06 cpu tests.

Any one got any ideas how to get it to about 2.7/2.8ghz ?

I have also tried dropping the multiplier to 10. and uppin gthe fsb to 250, but it wont boot into windows.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Okay so i did a bit more playing around this afternoon and i managed to hit 2.66ghz stable. To do this i had to

Increase dram voltage to 3.4 + 110%

Chipset to 1.8v

And cpu to 1.7v + 123%

Timings are now at 3-3-3-3-8 2t

Temps are :

cpu 57c @ 100~% load for 45 mins

chipset 61c

Not bad going i think you will agree.

highoverclockmv8.th.jpg

cpuspeedsiq0.th.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

That's hot for a S939 I'd think. Is it a Venice? I've a 3000+ at 2.5Ghz which maxes out at 42C. That's at 1.48 Vcore

That was meant to say 47c. Whoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

You can prob. get the 6600GTs up higher on the core aswell, I added some memory heat spreaders and a Zalman cooler and I got it up to 579Mhz I think. Whats your chipset temp? If it's running hot I'd reccomend you change that cooler also.

it seems ot max out at the mid 50's, but i think it is reading wrong. I will be adding some zalman coolers to them soon, or even watecool them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

did ya not buy your new rig ??

yeah i did, just the sigpolice wont allow me to have it listed aswell. plus im still waiting on the gfx card. so i thought id overclock this one to its max first

;)

A mate just came over with his 3800+ at 2.7ghz and i bet him in ever cpu test out there. Im supprised at that

)**EDIT**(

My cpu was running at 2.75ghz 250*11. I thought the extra 512k of cache he has would have given him the upper advantage, but alas no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Can I ask what are you using to read your chipset temps?

ntune. and speedfan, but i prefere the first. Your probably wondering why the chipset temps are so low. It would be because the case is next to a open window. and it has a delta screamer pointed right at it, same with ram and pwm and graphic cards. Still though i need a better hfs. any recomendations ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

wc

yeah im planning on that. Am actually planning on a whole new case and watercooling, just not sure what to get. I want something different. MAybe a mountain mods cube or something

Advertisement