Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CM Punk

• 27-08-2006 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I understand all the sadness and sour taste which angles departure has left but CM Punk is the class act. F**K Kevin thorn and yes ariel is hot but punk is defintiely the future of ECW. A feud between him and Mr RVD would draw big. i know RVD's story at the moment is he has to climb the ladder to get his title back but Punk is the speed bump or traffic cop to stop him doing this, haha!! He could potentially have great matches especially leading up to ECW's own paperview in December, THE DECEMBER TO DISMEMBER!! Wat to you guys think??Is he the next big thing.. I think so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Your on the ball GMoney, Punk is the future, not just of ECW, but Professional Wrestling itself. TBH though I cant see him getting pushed so soon, he is still very much finding his feet performing on TV and it would be very un WWE to push a guy all the way so soon. I agree though, a feud with RVD has to happen, the whole stoner vs straight edge guy element is there. The only thing is they are both babyfaces right now. Punk does his best work when he's a heel but they will have to build him up in a storyline before they change him.
    I reckon van Dam will take the title off the Big Show at December to Dismember though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GMoneyV1

Sure the WWE doesnt push guys to soon but it is ECW. Things should be differnt under a different banner. ECW is doin things right at the minute Three little matches and a long main event thats cool with me i even enjoy big show as champion, maybe im sick in the head but a seven foot monster smashin little guys through tables is just dam entertaing to me. Okay they are pushing guys like shannon moore, my man CM Punk and now even hardcore holly that guy is insane but good to see back. Well im ranting and its my second post. F**K Kevin thorn!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah yeah, Punk is just the best ever! I've loved the guy for so long now, I was a bit tentative about him bein on WWE tv, but it's worked out great so far. I wouldn't expect Punk to be in a main event type storyline for at least a year, maybe more, but you just know his feuds are goin to be the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Im pretty happy with CM Punk so far. I didn't know much about the guy before he came into ECW but I can see that he is clearly the best new guy to come in since Ken Kennedy. The only element I see stopping him from getting to the top is his size and we all know that Vince loves big men in more ways then one!

Well, you can forget about Punk doin steroids! He has actually gotten gradually bigger over the last few years though. You'd wonder how Shawn Michaels managed to get to the top in WWE sometimes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭joe_elway

Punk will have to wait for all of Vinces big ol' hosses and roid-freaks to waste the next 2 years of main events to get a chance.

I'd love to see some more of the ROH guys in ECW. Samoa Joe, Low-Ki and Chris Daniels surely should be worth looking at in ECW.

They're doing better in TNA than they'd be likely to be doing in ECW though, but it'd be interesting to see

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

think every1 would love to see more of the roh lads on mainstream wrestling programs! ok roh and tna are on every week but its not really up to date and the production is poor!! esp roh! do like mike tenay and dw commentating on tna tho! but i really would love to see an invasion type thing again with tna/roh wrestlers coming in - abyss, aj, daniels, joe, senshi, aries joinin with punk!! make a huge storyline me thinks!! i know a lot of people that would turn back on WWE if they came into it!!

Advertisement