Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Broadcast Quality Camera

• 27-08-2006 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am looking to get a broadcast quality camera. I realise i could spend tens of thousands but i want the cheapest option to start with. Can anyone tell me what i should be looking for and roughly how much i'd be paying.

Any help at all here would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The most popular lower price range prosumer cameras that are broadcast quality (3ccd) are the Canon XL1 or XL1s or Sony PD-150 or PD-170. They'll put you back around £1,300 pounds sterling second hand there is also the Panasonic DX-100 and Canon XL2 (i think thats the title i'll check) which will cost you more (£1,500 second hand) but they are best 3ccd mini dv prosumer cameras before you hit high def.

But sony vx2000 or a Canon XM1 or XM2 will be your cheapest but most reliable choices. going anywhere between £800-1,000 pounds sterling.

There are others that could go for cheaper.

Sony vx9000 and Vx1000 but they are quite old, compared to others, so i dont know about quality.

I picked up a vx2000e off ebay the other week for £820 the seller who sold it is very good, while in theory its second hand, it actually was never used because the Television studio selling it only used it as a back up camera to a XL1s and never used it. I could you give you a link, except he only sells in England unless its in special circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    The most popular lower price range prosumer cameras that are broadcast quality (3ccd) are the Canon XL1 or XL1s or Sony PD-150 or PD-170. They'll put you back around £1,300 pounds sterling second hand there is also the Panasonic DX-100 and Canon XL2 (i think thats the title i'll check) which will cost you more (£1,500 second hand) but they are best 3ccd mini dv prosumer cameras before you hit high def.

But sony vx2000 or a Canon XM1 or XM2 will be your cheapest but most reliable choices. going anywhere between £800-1,000 pounds sterling.

There are others that could go for cheaper.

Sony vx9000 and Vx1000 but they are quite old, compared to others, so i dont know about quality.

I picked up a vx2000e off ebay the other week for £820 the seller who sold it is very good, while in theory its second hand, it actually was never used because the Television studio selling it only used it as a back up camera to a XL1s and never used it. I could you give you a link, except he only sells in England unless its in special circumstances.

Cheers for that info. The UK is no problem, is he still selling other cameras??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

sadly he's not selling any cameras at the moment.

There are a few others though who sell this sort of equipment on ebay in the UK for a good price. Give me a secon to dig out their sales pages

this lordbinfield, not as good as the other seller, but usually has more cameras on offer.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZlordbinfield

Advertisement