Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Entertainment

• 27-08-2006 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys im thinking of getting the Magnet Entertainment 8meg package but havent heard much about it yet does anyone have it and is it worth getting at present i have eircom bb 3meg.Should i just keep this or should i make the change?. As far as i know Magnet Entertainment is the fastest brodband package in dublin is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Try Broadband forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dub_Gunner

yeah sorry m8 new to the fourms havent found my way around just yet :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

It seems that if you just get BB, it works very well.

If you get BB and TV, it doesn't work so well as they share the bandwidth and there isn't always enough available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I'm thinking about getting the Magnet Entertainment package too down in Cork but I have reservations about how much bandwidth the TV will use. Does anyone have any info or experience with this package and how good is it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Bacchus wrote:
    I'm thinking about getting the Magnet Entertainment package too down in Cork but I have reservations about how much bandwidth the TV will use. Does anyone have any info or experience with this package and how good is it?

From reports here on boards, it seems that if you just get the BB on it's own, it works very well. But if you get the BB and TV, the TV doesn't work very well.

The simple reason is that they share the same bandwidth. It seems to cause the TV to breakup, etc. and it slows down the broadband.

Also you won't be able to get two TV streams. This means you won't be able to watch one channel while recording another or watch a different channel in a different room.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Magnet may also sell the TV package on lines that are simply not suitable for it when they should be selling as little as a 2 Mbit DSL only package in reality .

Their 4Mbit DSL only package is one of the best ones around.

Advertisement