Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Flynns

Options
  • 27-08-2006 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭

I note in the papers that RTE are setting the sherriff on Ms Flynn as a result of a failed libel action recently,to recover legal fees incurred

As a simple minded person I cannot understand why this has not been paid??

The case was lost ... pay up.

Im quite sure if RTE lost the case the money would be paid over by now.

I would be most concerned that the taxpayer(you & me ) are not left exposed in this situation and that the whole thing is not swept under the carpet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

With the biggest media outlet in the country in the witness stand, you can be sure this won't be swept under the Persian rugs of the Flynn households:p

I dont see how the taxpayer would be liable for fees... it's a civil case, not RTE v The Government, and BCF is not in the government or Fianna Fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

If RTE lost the case who would be liable for the fees???

Ahem... maybe you misunderstood me.... RTE actually WON the case and are trying to recover costs from the Flynns

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

they are trying to recover both costs and the financial award the court gave them from Beverley Flynn.

it baffles me why as a matter of course some quarters expected RTE not to actually seek payment of the action fearing that it would bankrupt her (and cause her consequently to lose her seat). do these people think RTE owes her her seat and should not seek payment?

Yes ... thats whats baffling me too. If Ms Flynn had won the case ,I'm quite sure the money would have been paid over by now.The taxpayer(akaRTE) is now left waiting for this award,and Iwould be very upset if the issue was allowed to die away and be forgotton about......This cannot be allowed to happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement