Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wing mirror for a 91 micra

• 27-08-2006 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

I am looking for a left hand wing mirror for my 91 micra. There was never one on her to being with, but with my impending trip to France, I will need it.

I tried all the scrappers and all they have are post 93 stuff. Would a dealer be able to obtain such a rare artifact? What sort of money would it cost?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most car manufacturers make spare parts for a particular model up to 10 years after production of that model stops. That particular Micra ended production in 1992 so it is very unlikely a dealer will have this part. No harm in ringing around though.

The Jap import Micra/March of that era had two wing mirrors so you may have to continue searching scrap yards around the country.

Did you try giving Traynor's a ring up North?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nope, I must try them so.

People have told me that parts for them are hard to find. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

There is a scrappy across from the Red Cow, just of the M50, and he usually has at least one pre-1993 (K10) Micra there. I go there whenever I need parts for my own Micra. I don't know the phone number of the place, but it's not too hard to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks for that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Max_Damage wrote:
    There is a scrappy across from the Red Cow, just of the M50, and he usually has at least one pre-1993 (K10) Micra there. I go there whenever I need parts for my own Micra. I don't know the phone number of the place, but it's not too hard to find it.

Looks like that place is being cleared out now. There is afairly old car on top of a container there too, anybody seen it, know what it is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Onkle51 wrote:
    Looks like that place is being cleared out now. There is afairly old car on top of a container there too, anybody seen it, know what it is?

If you are talking about a red car, I think it is an old Triumph Dolomite. There was also an old 1960's Mercedes SL there that was burnt out. What a shame. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Cars that old are rarely scrapped for parts these days, direct to the crusher usually.

If you can't get the part then you should be able to get a bolt-on mirror to stick on the wing.

Advertisement