Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs & Tux

Options
  • 27-08-2006 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭joxer05

my debs is on on the 5 september. just wondering should i get moving on the tux straight away. where can you go to get one.

Comments

Most people go to black tie, but if you'll be wearing a tux in the coming years (various balls in college, for example) then it might be worthwhile seeing if you could buy one - but don't go near black tie if you're going to buy one :)

Oh, and I think a week before is what most people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

I'd advise buying one. That's what I did. You'll have it payed for after 2 or 3 occasions of wearing it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't laugh - my brother got his in a charity shop.
    Few quid to a nice lady to make a few alterations to it and he has his own tux that looks like it was made for him.

Check out the Vincents.

spurious wrote:
    Don't laugh - my brother got his in a charity shop.
    Few quid to a nice lady to make a few alterations to it and he has his own tux that looks like it was made for him.

Check out the Vincents.

I know a few people who did the same. Nothing wrong with looking for cheap clothes, you know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Myth wrote:
    I know a few people who did the same. Nothing wrong with looking for cheap clothes, you know :)
    Yeah, jus wash em a few times

My debs is on the 4th, so went in t Blacktie on Friday, and I hafta try and collect it on Sat the 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

If you can find a good deal, I'd suggest buying one - I got one for around 120 euros in a sale, and Blacktie will usually charge about 40 euros a time.

Kwekubo wrote:
    Blacktie will usually charge about 40 euros a time.

If you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

You'd want to be very lucky for black tie to onloy charge €40, it would be closer to double that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Wow, looking at the price of a tux makes me really, really glad I'm not going to my debs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭c m

40 euro really?? mine cost me 110

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

c m wrote:
    40 euro really?? mine cost me 110
    This was a year or two ago now, and just for the suit, shirt and tie. Like I said I have a suit now so I don't use Blacktie much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

I'm not getting a tuxedo. I totally detest them so I'm going for a smart suit instead! I'm going to Blacktie tomorrow maybe. Although my Debs isn't all the way until October 2nd! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

No need to wear a tux- stand out fromthe crowd is what I say! My son is on the coach now on the way to to his debs - and he said he is the ONLY not not looking like a penguin:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Yes, but he does seem to be wearing a pink shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Aard wrote:
    Yes, but he does seem to be wearing a pink shirt.

And?.......so what!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've just finished doing a site for someone, she has some nice debs dresses for anyone interested.... Lori's Fashions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 letsfcuk

you boys get away wit murder !! just have to pick up a tux a week b4 !! soooo unfair girls have so much plannin !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

Yeah I think you should buy the tux, thats what I did and I'll be using it for the 4th time next week (I was asked to a debs) so you'll def get your moneys worth and they're handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

letsfcuk wrote:
    you boys get away wit murder !! just have to pick up a tux a week b4 !! soooo unfair girls have so much plannin !!

That's your own fault. Hate that. :p

Anybody know any good places to get a decent Tux? Buying it, cause i've at least 2 Debs to go to, and i kinda want one anyway :D

I'm in Dublin..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

Anybody know any good places to get a decent Tux? Buying it, cause i've at least 2 Debs to go to, and i kinda want one anyway :D

I'm in Dublin..

admit it. when you're home alone you will dress up in the tux and pretend your james bond while you eat your corn flakes :D

i never said otherwise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

I'm wearing a kilt for my Debs!!! Hehe! :D

I'm paying like €120 to get a suit so I might as well go adventerous. Besides, i want to suprise the socks off my class and friends for one last time! :D

I'm in Dublin..

hate quoting myself, but have to get a move on this buying business,

anybody bought theirs yet? From? Cost?

thanks

Advertisement