Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop german shepard barking

Options
  • 27-08-2006 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Help,
    My German Shepard barks most of the time ,
    I have bought a bark collar for him but i think this is cruel
    He is one and a half years old

Help:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Incessive barking is often a sign that there is something else amiss and/or a sing of insecurity. But without hearing more about the dog'ss life it is hard to say what. I HATE anti-bark collars and think they should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

It's very distressing to hear your dog barking all the time so you must be kind of stressed... I think the tendancy to bark is often part of the breed (I've a dalmation and you'd hardly hear a peep out of him in barking).
    It's sad but it might be something to do with having a strong bond with the dog as well and it seems not very nice to suggest but you might have to weaken the bond between you by not making too much of a fuss of him and ignoring him when you come home for an hour or so. This barking is when you leave him alone? :)

I found this link online - might help a little http://placervillevet.com/training_your_dog_to_stop_barking.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Is there any particular time he barks or just all the time? If its all the time it could be he wants more attention, needs food or is bored.

Advertisement