Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack post not poster- time to get rid?

Options
  • 27-08-2006 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

Ive been using boards for years, and maybe its just me but it seems that calling a poster a nob or a twat has only become an instantly bannable offence on AH in the last few months. I dont recall the old "banned for personal abuse" line in the past, and tbh its got to a fcuking ridicilous stage, what with that guy Dubtom getting seemingly banned for life for some minor sleight. If a poster is being a twat, I believe that they should be called it. We are adults, if being called a twat upsets you, well, fcuk off somewhere else, instead of hitting the report button and telling your mod mammy that someone called you bad names.

Also, why are mods allowed to give personal abuse? DeVore called someone a kunt on AH iirc, and WhiteWashMan gave me personal bannable abuse on one thread (which ive absoloutely no problem with if im allowed to respond without fear of banning. Jesus, he insulted me, big deal, I insult him back without fear of banning and its all good. But its not right that the average user calls another user a spa and gets banned and mods dont.)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

take it to feedback you cnut ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Shifted to Feedback.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tha Gopher wrote:
    If a poster is being a twat, I believe that they should be called it. We are adults, if being called a twat upsets you, well, fcuk off somewhere else, instead of hitting the report button and telling your mod mammy that someone called you bad names.
    Yes, a lot of are adults, so we shouldn't need to insult somebody in a discussion.
    The again, being an adult doesn't make you intelligent, now does it?

Sites that allow freedom to insult at will, are terrible to read, a pile of ****e.
    It should stay, as is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Actually Id like this back in AH, its more of an AH issue than any other board, the attack post not poster thing.

My point is really, OK, its acceptable to call people on boards a troll when they post nonsense. You see, I dont use troll in my daily language. I use real world terms. I dont want to call someone a troll if they post something ridicilous. I want to call them whatever Id call them on the street or down the pub. Im not wanting every thread to descend into a war of insults, merely what Im saying is that people shouldnt be banned when they call a poster who is expressing some absoloutely retarded opinions on, say, drugs, religion or issues of political correctness (these 3 seem to bring out the inner tard in a great deal of posters) that to call them a retard should not be instantly bannable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Sid Deuce

Yes, a lot of are adults, so we shouldn't need to insult somebody in a discussion.
    The again, being an adult doesn't make you intelligent, now does it?

Sites that allow freedom to insult at will, are terrible to read, a pile of ****e.
    It should stay, as is.

Well said.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51961581&postcount=55

Moron.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sid Deuce wrote:
    Oh, I'm the moran, eh? (Nice use of your varied vocabulary.)
    Somebody does not get context then?

The point of that forum is to insult, and to insult alone.
    Other fora are for discussion.
    He is talking about AH.
    Most fora have quite different rules for TT and Feedback, for a good reason.

Sid Deuce wrote:
    Moron.
    I think you missed the point, idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endymion

I lol'ed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Sid Deuce wrote:
    your point being?

*nonce*

Oh, I'm the moran, eh? (Nice use of your varied vocabulary.)
    Somebody does not get context then?

The point of that forum is to insult, and to insult alone.
    Other fora are for discussion.
    He is talking about AH.
    Most fora have quite different rules for TT and Feedback, for a good reason.

Yes you are the Moron. No one, or not me missed your point. Your are still the moron by making your dickhead point. Is that not clear?

• Advertisement

Sid Deuce wrote:
    Yes you are the Moron.
    You make that quite clear from your ever so biting points.
    No one, or not me missed your point.
    I applaud this sentence, more monumental moments of wit at the ready?
    Your are still the moron by making your dickhead point. Is that not clear?
    Moron eh, you are my case and point as to why it should stay the same.
    Quick, call me a moran, I'll be here biting my nails.
    Your original post makes no sense, mmm context.
    It appears funny for a second until you realise what both topics were and read the posts. Oh well, try harder.

You make that quite clear from your ever so biting points.

I applaud this sentence, more monumental moments of wit at the ready?

Moron eh, you are my case and point as to why it should stay the same.
    Quick, call me a moran, I'll be here biting my nails.
    Your original post makes no sense, mmm context.
    It appears funny for a second until you realise what both topics were and read the posts. Oh well, try harder.

No worries my little flower..

i can only assume you lack worthnes in RL ;) Still you are loved here.

Hmm, I thought I met you, if not, I hope to soon.
    I love my boardser friends, I do hope they feel the same. :(
    i can only assume you lack worthnes in RL ;)

Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wow, so many postcount++ posts.

Morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Sid Deuce wrote:

And you lack english grammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Sid Deuce wrote:

nah we don't love him... even less than you in fact

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That particular AH rule has been in place for well over a year. All the other forums which involve a lot of debate or discussion (Politicsm, Humanities, etc) have this rule, so why not AH?

See you in the monkey sucker thread, attorney tba.

all Yore ma's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Stark wrote:
    Wow, so many postcount++ posts.

Morons.
    Agreed.

++

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Personal abuse is for morons.
    Tha Gopher wrote:
    .....But its not right that the average user calls another user a spa and gets banned and mods dont.)

Don't be average.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement