Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

midi file is twice the size

Options
  • 27-08-2006 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

ok, i have a midi file that is 3:40 in length, i played it in winamp, and that is the length and its just the way i recorded it. but once i import the midi file into cubase the midi is 7:20 and everything is slowed now by half. how can i fix it so cubase will see the file in its original 3:40 form.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Try halfing the sample rate in your audio preferences , like say if its 96000Hz try 48000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is the OP is talking MIDI (data) or audio (wav)?.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Does cubase not have some sort of time-stretch for midi? Some kind of increase speed by 2 for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

There are 2 different MIDI file formats you can export to, I think they're called type 0 and type 1. Try exporting to a different format, the option is in the MIDI export dialog box.

Also try clicking 'Tempo' in the transport bar and make sure its set to Master as opposed to Track.

Other than that I dunno what it could be. Maybe try it in a different audio player, like Windows Media Player (*spit*). Otherwise, try time compressing it, like Gordon suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Go to Project | Project Tempo (or is it Tempo Track?) and raise the tempo bar until it sounds like it's at the right speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

There are a few reasons why this might have happened but there's possibly one easy way to fix it. As long as it is just midi info then just double the BPM and see if it sorts it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 chieflogic

In the cubase transport bar, change the tempo, actually double it and it should be back to normal speed

Advertisement