Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless and Azureus

• 27-08-2006 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

When i use my dell laptop to download thorugh Azureus it works grand, even when i leave it.

When i use it from my tosh, it works grand, but intermittantly loses the connected and i have to reboot to reestablish it, it may be when i leave my pc unattended while downloading.

Is there a setting somewhere that may say that if unattened it would drop the wireless connection?

hope that makes sence

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Check: Power saving mode on the client and router.
    (Using supplied software, or via Device Manager in Windows :: Assumptions are alls ya get without posting some information)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

sorry, heres more info
    all power options set to never on system and do nothing when lis is closed,

router is grand also as doesnt happen on the dell,

will check the bios also

bios setting has hard drive cuttiing off in 30 mins without use and it cant be highered,

must be it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Wireless card also has it's own power settings. Sometimes it functions separately from the main power scheme. Check the card's properties.

^ as above.

With many manufacturer's, you won't be able to change the settings from the BIOS setup, but rather through Windows or OEM-specific util's. Have a look in the Control Panel & Start menu.

What card is it?
    What OS?

• Advertisement

os is xp pro, and its built in wireless,

Ok...
    Start -> run -> devmgmt.msc
    Expand Network Adapters

Now, note the name of the card, and tell us if you need to post again.

Right-click on the wifi card-> Properties -> Advance(?) -> see if there are power-saving settings -> turn power saving off/switch to CAM mode.

intel pro/wireless 2100 lan 3b mini pci adapter

power options
    adhoc transmit power - Setting options , Lowest - Highest - with stages inbetween, set at highest - description - Max coverage

Power management - same setting options - set at lowest - description - max battery life -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Smithers wrote:
    Power management - same setting options - set at lowest - description - max battery life -
    There's your problem. It's turning off your wi-fi adapter after a period of "idelness" to maximise battery life.

Check the setting on the other one (that works), and set it the same.

Advertisement