Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a flatmate...

Options
  • 27-08-2006 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Vorak

You i have an ad on daft looking for a third person to move into a flat on Camden Row.... Just wondering does anyone know any other means of finding a flatmate? Just want to know that im doing all i can to find someone because we cant really afford to wait too much longer...

Dunno if im allowed do this but ad is here...www.daft.ie/335534

(I can take the ad down of i have to)

Comments

I'd say Daft was the best way. I've not heard of people having trouble filling flats before, it's usually harder for the people wanting rooms. Why aren't you finding anyone? Is it that no-one has replied, no-one has wanted it after viewing or you just haven't liked any of the applicants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Vorak

Most of the people who've responded have been foreign couples. I changed the ad to say no couples because we feel the atmosphere in the house would be better without a couple. Very little response since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Well in fairness you're trying to rent a double room but don't want couples! I think the problem is that there just aren't many people willing to pay €700 for a room on their own. I've recently been looking for a room meself and 600 is the very maximum I was willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 byrnemus

Hiya
    we've been having exactly the same problem...it's normal to want a single person for a double room, everywhere I've ever rented noone wants to share with a couple, especially in case they break up :) Evening herald is the best bet, you can book an ad online now through unison.ie (costs anywhere from 9.95 to 35 euros depending how fancy you go)
    it's driving me bonkers as well, couples applying to ads that state "no couples" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

byrnemus wrote:
    it's normal to want a single person for a double room,
    Maybe so, but it's not normal for a person to want to pay €700. As I mentioned, I've recently been looking for a room and there were plenty of decent sized single rooms in the 450 - 550 range. And also some double ones for around 600 - 650. I'm not saying that you won't find anyone willing to pay that much, but I reckon they're probably few and far between so I'm really not suprised that you're not gettin much interest.

• Advertisement

I understand that no-one wants to live with a couple but very few people can afford to, or want to pay 700 euros for a room.

Advertisement