Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed- old bike part wanted

Options
  • 27-08-2006 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

I’m wondering if anyone can help me with a replacement part. The thumb-shifter levers (left-hand side- for the chainrings) on my old bike have been damaged beyond repair. It’s a Shimano 200GS unit, which has not been made for several years.

Would anyone have an old bike with this type of thumb-shifters on it, or any type of Shimano unit which would would fit on the handlebars in the same way?

I’ll be happy to pay a reasonable price and any postage costs as required.

All advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Hey man,

Is the bike an 18 speed or 21 speed? I have some old shifters here, not the GS series, but enough to make up a working set of 'rapid-fire' shifter pods with mounts to direct replace what you have already - Push/Pull instead of Push/Push (If I recall correctly - Grey levers, one on top of the other on the 200GS?)

Let me know - I'll be heading to Castledermot from Dublin sometime this week so I could meet up with you along the road if that helps.

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

Hey Gil_Dub, thanks for the prompt reply. It's a 21-speed, and yes, the levers are grey like you describe. I work in Naas, so could meet you no problem. Can you text me on 086 1514036 whatever day you're on the road- will be happy to meet you. (Thursday might be a problem, but text me anyway- I really need to get this sorted).

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

Hey Gil, haven't heard from you. I'd still like to take a look at the thumbshifters you have- can you text me or pm me if you still have them?

Thanks.

Advertisement