Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

verdict on POE2 ??

Options
  • 27-08-2006 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Got it today and the first map i was on was some kind of snowy one :D ...made for a change at least

First thing i noticed on that level was the amount of armour...musta been 5 tanks each side:eek:

Finally managed to get the attack chopper and.....well....its amazin...if a little TOO good.
    It has lock on missiles for tanks/apcs, plus a load of 22 hellfires i think.
    The passenger has no TV missiles, but the gun was exactly like the MEC chopper.It was the EuroCopter i was flyin..or whatever its called :p ....oh and the transport chopper also had missile :eek: :rolleyes:

Next map was some kind of forest map with a load of bases, INFANTRY only it is, and it reminded me of paintball or something, cause your just running around everywhere capturin bases and not knoing where anyone is till the shoot you.
    Theres no UAV either...which is strange cause im so used to it

After that the other 2 maps were crap tbh...they both consisted of 3 bases ...1 of which was in the middle. If you didnt get a tank or APC it was really boring and pointless....and if you held both bases...you couldnt advance because if you got 100mts near their base your health is depleted

At the moment i think its ok, have to try the rest of the maps, but i dont think itll take over from my vanilla BF2 :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i think it's fantastic. came into it totally sceptical... but i'm converted. it's great. good balance in teams, great maps and so far no mad noobs artying enemy spawn etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

i d/l it but wheres the installer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Akrow

It's GREAT! Orel and Fallen are the best levels... Infantry only,, very fair, a lot more fun than being chopper raped in Sharqi Peninsula...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭PrivateSmokey

Atlas_IRL wrote:

Where did you download too?
    Its a Zip file try your Zip extractor .

Atlas_IRL wrote:

Double post :(

• Advertisement

ye i d/l it with winrar and extracted it to the desktop by accident and got 100's of file so i put them in a folder and into the mod folder but i cant find the .exe installer

Atlas_IRL wrote:
    ye i d/l it with winrar and extracted it to the desktop by accident and got 100's of file so i put them in a folder and into the mod folder but i cant find the .exe installer

Best Bet redownload :( I got two fles,, Program set up and the Mappack.didnt have to touch the mappack at all,just keep it in the same folder.

boo ok cheers :(

ill be less of a dumbass extracting it next time, it might have been a bad link though cause the 2nd i extracted it and this dude popped up avg.jpg so meh ill do it on another link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I use GamersHell for all my game/patch/demo downloads

I find it to give consistently high speeds :D

I got my gig in 80 mins from there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

its fantastic! well worth all the problems i had downloading it.
    Ony question is where is my shoulder launched SAM i thought was in it????

Other than that, brilliant. EA can show their expansion packs up their arses in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Its the most fun i've had in a game since i dont know when.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Scruff wrote:
    its fantastic! well worth all the problems i had downloading it.
    Ony question is where is my shoulder launched SAM i thought was in it????

Other than that, brilliant. EA can show their expansion packs up their arses in future.

They cant add extra classes i think, so you they have the SAM packs spawn ingame for you to pick up in your base.

Why they dont have it as an unlock for Anti Tank (without any points needed) is probably because of some technical issue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its brilliant,just like Point of Existence for BF vietnam it is better than the game its a mod for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Feckin Class!! Love every aspect of it, the big feck off tank that blows **** up in 1 shot! The infantry maps, (although i haven't become as fond of the Fallen Map as some ppl) the weapons, i love the way there are special weapons lying around the place too, anti-material rifle ftw! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I should have said its brilliant,for a BF2 mod that is but still far too vehicle based for me.
    I dont know how or why but BFV and POE for BFV done vehicles so much more fun,cant put my finger on why however.
    I had hope POE2 would bring me back to BF2,not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

:D:D:D
    I laughed my head off when i got into one of the tanks, not sure which one it was.
    But as well as the driver having those 2 sets of missiles....it had TV missiles aswell :eek: :D:D .... best tank ever ??
    Choppers didnt have a clue what was goin on :p ...either did the other tanks, killin them from miles away:) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Thats the T55. Yeah for me this is what ive been waiting for, bye bye bf2. Hello POE2!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Been playing it now for the last few days and I must say it has rekindled my interest in BF2. Only negative thing I would say though is that some maps are way to big. For example if you get stung in the middle of nowhere for whatever reason without a vehicle you could be walking for 5/10mins before coming across any sign of life :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mouse wheel in all vehicles for extra weapons.

When using Arty wait for other guy to sall then send , seems to be buggy and doesnt work on all maps, great fun when it does.

SAMs and support weapons are everywhere near your spawn, press G to pick one up. Great for taking down choppers and planes.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Been playing it now for the last few days and I must say it has rekindled my interest in BF2. Only negative thing I would say though is that some maps are way to big. For example if you get stung in the middle of nowhere for whatever reason without a vehicle you could be walking for 5/10mins before coming across any sign of life :eek:
    Aye. The best thing I find, is to go down with your [strike]boat[/strike] plane. Parachuting may seem a good idea, but when you'll have to walk miles to get to a base, and then, after walking for 10 minutes, to get shot when you get withing site of the base, is a bit disheartening:mad:

Still, tho, its great for tank battles. The heli's are a b|tch to take out, tho.

• Advertisement
Advertisement