Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decorating a tent

• 27-08-2006 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

ok so, i'm decorating a tent at the moment, looking to spray over a design i've created a stencil for. what i'm wondering is, whats the best way to do it to make it rain resistant, and possibly not melt the tent? spray/markers, etc.?

cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

thanks donal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

go down to a DIY store (even a shop that sells wallpaper like that place in stillorgan) and get some of the proper spray paint stuff. If's acrylic/ oil based it shouldn't come off in the rain, most the stuff you get there is pretty hard wearing. unfortunetly the cans are pricey enough, around 15eur last time i checked, but the cans are large enough not to run out.

if you pick a colour like silver or white it could look pretty cool on a dark colour like black.

you can secure your stencil design using masking tap but don't take it off until the paint is fully dry and make sure your stencil is drawn on good quality thick cardboard (high gsm) otherwise the edges will bleed taking away the sharp edges from the finshed design.

Advertisement