Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigabyte DS3 compatible ram

• 27-08-2006 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

I've read that the DS3 is very picky about ram and won't boot until you use some cheapo ram to get into the bios and change ram settings.

I don't have any DDR2 ram and I'm certainly not buying two sets.

I want to get a pair of Gskill F2-6400PHU2-2GBNR but I don't know if it'll boot with these.

Does anyone have any experience with the DS3 or know of any ram that is definitely compatible at boot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Best thing you can do is email gigabyte and ask which ram is 100% compatible. I would assume the g.skill ram would be fine. But its better fo find out before hand. Last thing you want is wasted ram :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

you could also ask this guy ustech@gskill.com he is the gskill rep on xtreme systems and was very helpful when i was looking for ram compatibility info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Cheers for that, I found this thread on xtremesystems which seems to answer my question.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=111410

But I'll email him anyway just to be sure.

Advertisement