Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unwanted hair on nipples and tummy

• 27-08-2006 11:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

For the last few years i have been noticing some dark rough hairs growing on each nipple (about 4 on each) and also a good few on my tummy.

I have been dealing with them by plucking and sometimes veet. This has just made them worse though and i get ingrown hairs no matter what i do!

I need to get them permanently removed but i think id be too embarrassed to go to a beautician or anything (do they handle a lot of this?). Id probably prefer to get rid of them myself. Any ideas or reccomendations? Is electrolysis easy to do yourself and is it effective?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

These are entirely normal.

If you feel you must get rid of them, I think a salon is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Stop plucking! That makes the hair shaft warp or bend (or something, I forget the term) and it'll be harder to have them removed. Electrolysis is the way to go and it is very common.

My friend's a beautician and she sees at least 2 women a day for hair removal from their nipple/chest area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think Id be very embarassed going into a beutician. Do all beuticians deal with this? Ive looked at some brochures and never see anything like this listed. Has anyone here ever had this treated and how did they get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

ugh

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

ugh

Not overly helpful Peter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

ugh

its comments like this that make people like OP feel self conscious about things! but its ok im sure you're eligable to pass such comments, being perfect and all! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Peter Collins, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Could this possibly be moved to fashion/appearance? It would be more appropriate there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

OP, can't speak for all blokes but this doesn't sound like anything I'd worry about personally. Within reason body hair usually represents physical maturity and unless you're talking Chewbacca-style growth it could be considered attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

This is completely normal. A beautician will have seen it all before so i wouldn't worry about getting it done in a salon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I'm a bloke, seen enough girls chests and nipples in my time. Common enough, I wont lie to you, not the most attractive thing in the world, but no doubt you could get them laserd off or in a beauticion...but I'd imagine you're far from alone and they see a lot of people over this all the time.

Advertisement