Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which drum instrument?

Options
  • 28-08-2006 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a half decent VST drum machine, it can be synth based but I'm preferably looking for something that uses samples and comes with a few kits. It'd be for creating electronic/IDM sort of music. Also I'm on a fairly tight budget so I don't wanna go spending a fortune. Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well if your making IDM style drums you'll need to be able to automate everything (effects, pitch, sends etc). Fruity loops is grand for it. I've started using this program called EnergyXT (pic below). Seems decent and its lets you mess around with alot of things.

xt01big.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Odo's dr fusion and dr fusion 2 are free. They can be a little glitchy but sound great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I'm actually using energyXT at the moment - still learning the ropes, but it is a really cool program. There's a simple drum machine called Machine II with it, but its a bit crap.

I'll try out dr. fusion. Glitchy sounds good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Its not a drum machine its an effect but dBlueGlitch is great for throwing over drum beats to get that idm sound try it , its free!!!

http://illformed.org/glitch/

Advertisement