Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game voices that come into your head out of nowhere...

Options
  • 28-08-2006 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

Like sometimes I'd be sitting around and out of nowhere I'd think "cooo ban-chooon"... in the voice of the little guys who say it out of Age of Empires 2.
    Or sometimes it'd be "kooolééé, maring-dong magoOo" from the Sims.

I mostly do this with non-sensical sound bites... never plain-english dialog like that found in CounterStrike, even though I'd probably heard them a lot more.

Some of these things get stuck in my head... and somehow make sense when I think them... like the Age of Empires example might be used to articulate "yes, ok, that's fine/done/acceptable".
    I think on some level I've learned these words from their associated actions in the game and given them a relevant meaning in my normal activities.

Interesting eh? (sound of sonic the hedgehog getting an extra life)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Auron from ff x - haunting voice sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the sound from sonic when you pick up rings!

or the sound of combine chatter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Headcrab chirping for me.

Highly disturbing, know anywhere that sells red and grey crowbars? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Hmm, yes, unfortunately, both game voices and TV/movie voices. The Sonic ones (picking up rings), I think I permanently have the Mario theme stuck in my head too.

"Go for the eyes, Boo. Go for the eyes!!!!"

and
    "Left - Right - Left - Right - Chu Chu Chu!"

I think most people can place those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

The sounds of guards in stealth games usually spring to mind, as in the guards in Tenchu 2 saying "ah foh-geddit".

That and any sound effect that springs to mind from Age of Empires/Mario/Sonic etc...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Gitaroo Man theme has been stuck in my head for ages now and Consolevanias love for it isn't helping.

I sometimes hear the sonic rings noise as well. Very weird.

The classic Resident Evil engrish pops into my head every now and again.

But worst of all Shodan haunts my dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Shodan!!

So my theory is there is a certain point, when you've played games for too much and you're hooked, that you start to hear the Sonic rings randomly. Perhaps it has altered our DNA somehow.

Chu chu chu!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The aussie marines in halo 2 - every one of their lines is permanently etched in my brain - and I love em.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Tempted to say this in any fighting game i play:

Hadouken!

19451761_cb514ce83d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Not a voice clip but a tune or a jingle.
    The sound that you got at the end of a level in the original metal gear solid game.

Do-do-do-dodo-do -do-do!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Final Fantasy vistory ditty is forever etched in my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Everytime I look at my boss I hear "Finish him" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Yeah,

the noise when someone signs in to Xbox LIVE or when you unlock an achievement pops into my head. Also, "Finish Him" and now since I've started playing SF2. "Haduken"

:D

Another are the orc voices from Warcraft 2, especially 'Zug, Zug'.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

The russian responses from command and conquer red alert - "Com-rad?" "Acckkkknowledged" "Affirimative"

(Yes I tried spelling them how they pronouced - I am not illiterate)

Retr0gamer wrote:
    But worst of all Shodan haunts my dreams.
    Click the link in my sig... came across it among my many travels around videogame articles on Wikipedia.

Chills to the bone.

EDIT:
    The russian responses from command and conquer red alert - "Com-rad?" "Acckkkknowledged" "Affirimative"
    Ah yeh... some of the funnier ones still crack me up. "I lost a bomb, do you have it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

The Firebat sayings from Starcraft always spring to mind when I see someone looking for a lighter

"Need a light"
    "It buuuurrnnns"

Infact.... quite a few of the Starcraft sayings pop into my head every now and then

"Entaro Adun"
    "I vote we frag this commander"
    "For Aiur"
    ...... etc etc :)

The request for artillery support in some Tank command game (M1 Abrams or somesuch)

"Thumper this is Iron Six.... request fire mission TRP Alpha... out"
    "Iron Six this is Thumper... fire request received.... on the way"
    "Iron Six this is Thumper..... splash"

I have no idea why I remember that but here you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I mostly have the Parasite Queen Battle music from Metroid Prime stuck in my head, but I imagine that came from listening to the soundtrack over and over again.

The sound that haunts me the most is the three different yells Link does in OOT when you swipe the sword three times.

Also "Its a-me, Mario!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

"Another visitor. Stay a while. Stay FOREVER! MHA HA HA HA"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

koneko wrote:
    "Go for the eyes, Boo. Go for the eyes!!!!"
    I get that one too.
    Retr0gamer wrote:
    The Final Fantasy vistory ditty is forever etched in my brain.
    It's my phones text alert. Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

The soldier's voice saying "Return to your positions" after an alert in Metal Gear 3, for some weird reason.

And I'll never ever forget the little tune for the credits at the start of FF7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Trode wrote:
    "Another visitor. Stay a while. Stay FOREVER! MHA HA HA HA"

<3

"Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman, rise and... Shine. Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping... On the job, no-one is more deserving of a resssst, and all the effort in the world would have gone to waste until...*wheeze*... Well, let's just say your hour has... Come again. The right man in the wrong... Place can make all the difffffference in the world. So, wake up, Mr. Freeman. *wheeze*... Wake up and... Smell the ashes."

The G-Man's gravelly voice, coupled with the pauses in entirely the wrong places, is just creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

The worms from Worms saying "Yes sir!"

Not coz I played the game much but a fat arsehole from my primary school used to always say it in a sh!t-eating high tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

"Shoryuken" -Ryu's dragon uppercut from Street Fighter 2

"Sonic Boom!!!!" -Guile's projectile attack also from Street Fighter 2

"Get over here!!!!" - Scorpion's spear throwing attack from Mortal Kombat

"RAIDEN!!!" - Snake's/Iroquis Pliskin's surprisingly scary scream when Raiden dies in Metal Gear Solid 2.

"Flawless Victory!!!" also from Mortal Kombat

And the Monkey Island theme is constantly lodged in my head... I hum it at least once a day if not more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Toasty!!!!

tman wrote:
    Toasty!!!!
    In that high, girly sing-song voice... winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Slurms wrote:
    It's my phones text alert. Love it!
    My text alert aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The voices from Dawn of War are really infectious too. "There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt" is a line with a really disturbing voice behind it. Sounds so cold and emotionless, like the Librarian really believes in it. Just like it should be. :)

"'Old on ta da pin, frow da uvver part!" <3 Orks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Hrm, most of mine have been mentioned already but theres also the acknowledgement from the Hiitite Villagers in Age Of Empires I..."Riddie-mon" over and over and over...:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

My text alert aswell.
    Brother!

Advertisement