Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game voices that come into your head out of nowhere...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Two I get occasionally from arcade games of a very, very long time ago:
    From 'Beserker': 'Chicken! Fight like a robot!' and
    from 'Gorf': 'Bad move, space cadet! Ha Ha Ha!'

Del

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Most if not all the sound bytes from C&C generals/zero hour. Highlight being "Can we not have some new shoes" by the GLA workers,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Sarky wrote:
    The voices from Dawn of War are really infectious too. "There is no such thing as innocence. Only degrees of guilt" is a line with a really disturbing voice behind it. Sounds so cold and emotionless, like the Librarian really believes in it. Just like it should be. :)

"'Old on ta da pin, frow da uvver part!" <3 Orks.

The Chaos Space Marines do it for me "CHOAS SPACE MARINES ATTACK !!!"

Or the Drednaughts "Even in death I serve the Emperor"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ropedrink went on a mad trip down memory lane there with that magnificent display of triple-posting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

When I got sacrifice I couldn't get the main character's spell chants out of my head, quite annoying. To this day the "filthy americans" and "it vill be bilt" from battlezone still pops into my head the odd time even though I haven't had my copy of the game for nearly 4 years now...Just recently a friend of mine fell through a chair and immediately shouted "not the matress factory"-needless to say nobody got it, but other than those nothing comes to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

ROPEY! YOU'RE ALIVE! *huggles to death*

All I can think of right now is the android schoolgirl from Oni in the later stages when
    She's been pimped out to kill you horribly, and keeps saying "I'm sorry... So sorry..." WHILE FIRING MISSILES AND LASERS AT YOU.

Oh, and the cheesy lines from the grunts if they beat you. "You lose!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

The best for me the "Brotherhood of the Bracelet" joke in WoW, that gets me in stitches every time, and the last bit of it is permanently swimming in my head,

http://menino.com.nyud.net:8080/mirror/sound/wow/bracelets.wav

"It could be a three parter, called Ruler of the Bracelet. The first part would be called The Brotherhood of the Bracelet, followed by A Couple of Towers, with the climactic ending called Hey! The King's Back!"

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Sidane

Duke Nukem

"Blow it out your ass"

"Ooooh, that's gotta hurt"

"Your face, your ass, what's the difference?"

"You're an inspiration for birth control"

"What are you, some bottom feeding, scum sucking, algae eater?"

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum....and I'm all outta gum"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Just recently a friend of mine fell through a chair and immediately shouted "not the matress factory"-needless to say nobody got it, but other than those nothing comes to mind.

lol, what a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Deepstriking!

Death has arrived!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Come on, no one has mentioned System Shock 2...

Shodan:Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
    The Many:What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? What is a thought, compared to the mind? Our unity is full of wonder, which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive...
    Hybrid:Uuuuurrrrgh KILL ME!

Or some Max Payne ones that i love

Max:They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was over.
    Max:I had a dream of my wife. She was dead. But it was alright.
    Max:Logic told me backup was on the way. Logic is such a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

leeeeeeeeeeeeroy jenkins

(not quite the same idea but still :p)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tekken 3, "Chicken!", still haunts me.

Interstate '77, "The children are burning", from the driver of the school bus if you don't get to it in time.

I live in the countryside and when going out on a fine bright morning and listen to the wind and the sound of birds I am honestly reminded, everytime, of Ico, being outside in the game with all those same sounds, lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

"There is firing in the terminal!" from Die Hard <whatever> on the Playstation.
    Several other phrases from that game aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

That gunshot going off in mgs when you die....

The very start of chaos theory

[inserts bad middle eastern voice] Be Carefullll! [middle eastern voice/]

FFX that song that goes a little like this aw, aw, aw, aw... aw aw awawaw, aawww, awww,a aawww, awwww....aw....

The sonic theme tune comes to mind also

sound of combine chatter, and that noise you get when you pick up a health pack in hl2.

Halo: Leader is dead, run away"

I hear everything mentioned in my head for no reason, everyday :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The girl's voice in Wip3out shouting "3-2-1-GO!" in a high pitched voice at the start of a race.
    Also most of the weapons pick ups from any of the WO series I can hear quite clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

opening fmv to resident evil 2...

Trucker getting into truck That Guy's a maniac why'd he bite me?

prolonged and etched into my brain due to my friend repeating it everytime i saw him since we first played through RE2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    opening fmv to resident evil 2...

Trucker getting into truck That Guy's a maniac why'd he bite me?

prolonged and etched into my brain due to my friend repeating it everytime i saw him since we first played through RE2.
    What about...

Leon: "Wait... *Massive arm gesticulation* ...im a human"

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Barney: " Good luck out there buddy, You're gonna need it"

I hear that in my head every so often....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Barney: Good, 'cos I still have nightmares about that cat...

Alyx: What cat?

• Advertisement

Alyx: yeah I like to hear more about this cat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kiith wrote:
    Come on, no one has mentioned System Shock 2...

Shodan:Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
    The Many:What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? What is a thought, compared to the mind? Our unity is full of wonder, which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive...
    Hybrid:Uuuuurrrrgh KILL ME!
    These and from Future Cop LAPD;

Death from above.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

"We'll surely avoid scurvy if we all eat an orange"

"Then killing you must be justifiable fungicide"

Mario:"Here we go!"

Other than that, the death rattle of poison headcrabs and Alma's laugh from F.E.A.R.

The theme from Star Light Zone in Sonic for the mega drive sometimes randomly lodges in my brain and stays for days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

IceHawk wrote:
    The theme from Star Light Zone in Sonic for the mega drive sometimes randomly lodges in my brain and stays for days.
    Naargg... I have to hear that song NOW. (for some reason)
    I'm off to load dgen :/

doo dooo dooo dooooooooooo di di di di diiii di do di. diii di di diii.

I love sonic music.

Lava Reef is another all time classic sonic song.

Advertisement