Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue Jeans... how imaginative :|

• 28-08-2006 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

Is it just me, or is anyone else bored of the whole blue jeans thing?
    I see so many people walking around in blue jeans, black shoes, <whatever> shirt... it seems to be the default wardrobe for some people.
    It doesn't annoy me as much as the tracksuit/jersey wardrobe, but it's getting close by sheer monotony.

It also makes me laugh that denim jeans were originally hard-wearing work clothes for factory workers, yet you can pay the earth for designer jeans that're all scuffed and worn looking... why anyone would want to wear scruffy old shíte like that and pay through the nose for it is beyond me.

I don't own a pair of blue jeans and I refuse to.

Blue Jeans 36 votes

Booooringgg
    0% 0 votes
    blue jeans ftw!
    11% 4 votes
    Atari Jaguar / Super Monkey Ball 2
    88% 32 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It also makes me laugh that denim jeans were originally hard-wearing work clothes for factory workers, yet you can pay the earth for designer jeans that're all scuffed and worn looking... why anyone would want to wear scruffy old shíte like that and pay through the nose for it is beyond me.

i don't understand that either tbh, don't mind subtle bleeching but the (w)hole - pun intended - distressed look with holes and thread hanging out just doesn't do it for me.

don't mind blue jeans as such myself as they were the orignal colour :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Look out for the blue jeans and black shoes (especially docs) thing though... once I started noticing it, I couldn't stop. They're everywhere :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Well you're just great aren't you:rolleyes:
    Fact is some people like to wear jeans whether they be blue, black, navy, faded, torn, ripped, bleached whatever. They're [generally] very comfortable and practical...and just so happen to be fashionable.

Scraggs wrote:
    Well you're just great aren't you:rolleyes:
    Relax there Jimbo, no need to get personal, we're all super-best-friends here.
    Scraggs wrote:
    Fact is some people like to wear jeans whether they be blue, black, navy, faded, torn, ripped, bleached whatever. They're [generally] very comfortable and practical...and just so happen to be fashionable.
    Mmm, and tracksuits are also comfortable and practical... as for fashion, well that's pretty much my point.

Anyway, this is just my opinion... I'm not attacking people for wearing blue jeans, I'm just saying I don't understand the fascination people have with them.
    I'm not even talking about black/white/beige/whatever jeans... it's the fact that they're all blue that scares me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

Get over it... :rolleyes:
    Unfortunately for you, blue Jeans won't be going away

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

So what do you wear in a casual every day setting / going out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Nothing wrong with blue jeans. Blue jeans and black shoes though, well that is another matter entirely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Neil Diamond disagrees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I actually noticed a while back that I owned 7 pairs of various kinds of blue jeans, and no other colours. Since I actually had this revelation Ive been buying anything but, and Im not buying any more blue jeans for the foreseeable future. Ive since got a couple pairs of slacks/cords, but theres bugger all black jeans to be had anywhere, with a decent bootcut/flared fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

I have 2 standard pairs of blue jeans that go with everything, so I don't nave to think too much in the mornings. I'm perfectly happy about it too.

What exactly do people find wrong with blue jeans and black shoes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Blue jeans are comfortable. I love my Luckys. But people do need another sort of slack or pant to wear casually too, like cords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Blue jeans are pants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Shellie13

One look ya can dress up or down n will never look too bad...
    Not all that creative but functional! And cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I own about five pairs of blue jeans (well, you could call one navy if you wanted). In casual trousers, shape matters more to me than colour or fabric and a lot of cords, fabric trousers etc. about the place (apart from the Pop ones) are bootcut, whereas I prefer something tight to the knee as opposed to flared. And I'll presume why there's such a variety of blue jeans is because the designers and chains see that everyone happens to wear them, and the bigger the variety the more people will wear them, and the more people who wear them the bigger the variety...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Blue jeans are just your average pair of jeans which happen to be blue right?
    Although I own a couple of pairs I don't particulary like them because of the colour. I'm actually very fussy about what colours I wear.
    I only wear grey or black jeans.

WellyJ wrote:
    Neil Diamond disagrees
    Not being a fan of Neil Diamond it took me a minute to get that, but good one. :D
    giggles wrote:
    Unfortunately for you, blue Jeans won't be going away
    tbh I think it's more unfortunate for the people who wear them constantly.
    Tazzle wrote:
    So what do you wear in a casual every day setting / going out?
    Blue jeans and black shoes mostly... the uniform of the lazy shopper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

tbh I think it's more unfortunate for the people who wear them constantly.

How do you make that out? People that wear them obviously like them ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I'm confused, you wear what you berate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Have around 10 pairs of blue jeans, 3 pairs of black jeans, 1 pair of beige jeans 1 pair of navy cords, 1 pair of beige cords. Not into ripped jeans or jeans with patterns.

A pair of blue jeans, a pair of half decent adidas trainers, and a decent fitting polo is a classic look that will immediately set you apart from the blue jeans and black shoes masses. Having said that, bootcut blue jeans and Wallabies is also a fairly decent look that you won't see all over the place either.

In short that's the beauty of blue jeans. They will go with black shoes, brown shoes, or trainers. They will go with shirts, t-shirts, or jumpers. A decent pair of blue jeans can eithrer be the basis of a confident look that can set you out from the crowd, or the lazy man's match for his only pair of shoes.

giggles wrote:
    How do you make that out? People that wear them obviously like them ;)
    It's just sad for them that it's all they feel safe wearing. (ie. the people who live in blue jeans) ... it's like eating chips for dinner every day... why limit yourself?
    Tazzle wrote:
    I'm confused, you wear what you berate?
    Damn you and your big city lawyer ways!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Stephen12

A pair of blue jeans, a pair of half decent adidas trainers, and a decent fitting polo is a classic look that will immediately set you apart from the blue jeans and black shoes masses.
    In short that's the beauty of blue jeans. They will go with black shoes, brown shoes, or trainers. They will go with shirts, t-shirts, or jumpers. A decent pair of blue jeans can eithrer be the basis of a confident look that can set you out from the crowd, or the lazy man's match for his only pair of shoes.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't be more right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

skywalker wrote:
    I actually noticed a while back that I owned 7 pairs of various kinds of blue jeans, and no other colours. Since I actually had this revelation Ive been buying anything but, and Im not buying any more blue jeans for the foreseeable future. Ive since got a couple pairs of slacks/cords, but theres bugger all black jeans to be had anywhere, with a decent bootcut/flared fit.

This is so true! Uh the black jeans thing.. I aint down with chords.. or slacks. But there needs to be more good black jeans, black rules.

TK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Busterpuss

blorg wrote:
    Nothing wrong with blue jeans. Blue jeans and black shoes though, well that is another matter entirely.

completely. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

What does Atari Jaguar / Super Monkey Ball 2 mean??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

You couldn't give a rats ass

NeMiSiS wrote:
    You couldn't give a rats ass
    He's right you know.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I like my blue jeans... Mostly because I like to wear baggy pants, and they're hard to find these days. They tend to only come in the jean variety on the hight street. I'm far too lazy to go searching for something else as comfortable and practical. Not to mention that blue jeans go with any form of top.

I would like a pair of cords though, now that they've been mentioned...

Advertisement