Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SA: The "Alley-Oop" in Driving School

• 28-08-2006 4:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Is friggin impossible to me, has anyone actually done it?

I'm trying to get 100% and need this to unlock the Wang Motors place!

Also, how does one trigger pimping missions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Alley-Oop is a bitch.
    You have to turn the frame limiter on... I can't reccomend this enough.
    I tried for AGES to complete that jump without scraping the shít out of the side of my car... once I turned the frame limiter back on, I completed it first time.

To get the pimping missions you need to find the pimp car... it's in Los Santos parked behind a carwash... kinda near the train station place where they have the low-rider meets... it's in that general area anyway, I always have trouble finding it.
    It's one of those old stupid bulky 50's convertables.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Not sure what you're playing it on but if its the PS2 then as soon as the car has come off the top of the ramp, move the left analog stick in the direction you want the car to rotate.

ie Floor it towards the left hand side of the ramp so that the right hand side of the car is going up the ramp, then when the car is in the air, hold the analog stick left. The difficult part is controlling the car after you land. You should be able to pass it no bother, but getting 100% in it is a pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Alley-Oop is a bitch.
    To get the pimping missions you need to find the pimp car... it's in Los Santos parked behind a carwash... kinda near the train station place where they have the low-rider meets... it's in that general area anyway, I always have trouble finding it.
    It's one of those old stupid bulky 50's convertables.
    Yes, exactly. It looks like this:
    c_hermes.jpg
    There are also quite a few of them driving around near the train station in Los Santos if you happen to be there at the right time.

Thats not the car you use to do the pimping. This is the car:

http://acjs.net/weblog/2005/06/16/i_gots_san_andreas/200506162224.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

U don't have to get 100% on all the car school bits in order to get the Wang Cars showroom. Just passing each of them and continuing with the missions will open it up for you. Is there some other bonus for getting 100% on all the School tasks?

• Advertisement

If you get all bronze medals in the driving school, you get one car,
    if you get all silver medals, you get two cars (bronze reward + silver reward),
    and if you get all gold you get three cars (bronze award + silver award + gold award).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

djkeogh wrote:
    U don't have to get 100% on all the car school bits in order to get the Wang Cars showroom. Just passing each of them and continuing with the missions will open it up for you.
    Yes, but I can't get passed the Alley Oop, so no Wang Motors!

It's on PC, so I'll try it with the Frame Limiter on, I would never have figured that one out! This is why forums are great! :)
    Thanks guys.

EDIT: Turns out I already had the Frame Limiter on. I guess I must just suck at it, maybe a screenshot of the best place to hit the ramp if anyone has the time? Please! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

BopNiblets wrote:
    EDIT: Turns out I already had the Frame Limiter on. I guess I must just suck at it, maybe a screenshot of the best place to hit the ramp if anyone has the time? Please! :p

rampwl5.th.jpg

Thats not the car you use to do the pimping. This is the car:

http://acjs.net/weblog/2005/06/16/i_gots_san_andreas/200506162224.png
    Indeed. My mistake. It's been a long time since I played it.

nealmac wrote:
    Indeed. My mistake. It's been a long time since I played it.
    No worries fella, I'm just totally addicted to the game :)

• Advertisement

Cheers Nick_oliveri.

No worries fella, I'm just totally addicted to the game :)
    As was I. I couldn't stop until I got 100% Strangely enough you don't need to complete the unique jumps to get 100%. I'm current playing LCS, and when (if?) I beat that, I might just play SA from scratch (although the thoughts of doing the NRG challenge in San Fierro is putting me right off):D

nealmac wrote:
    As was I. I couldn't stop until I got 100% Strangely enough you don't need to complete the unique jumps to get 100%. I'm current playing LCS, and when (if?) I beat that, I might just play SA from scratch (although the thoughts of doing the NRG challenge in San Fierro is putting me right off):D
    Jaysus I hear that. I'm on my second run through the game and that was the toughest thing I've ever done in any of the GTA games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭raheny red

Jaysus I hear that. I'm on my second run through the game and that was the toughest thing I've ever done in any of the GTA games.

Is that where you have to drive from side of the city and back again :eek: - I hate that. Even tried going down the train tracks, alas I came nowhere :o

No, its even worse than that - its down in the docks. You have to collect rings with a bike in what can only be described as a bowl. Its hell. I've only ever done it once and I only got it with about a second left.

raheny red wrote:
    Is that where you have to drive from side of the city and back again :eek: - I hate that. Even tried going down the train tracks, alas I came nowhere :o
    TeeHee. That is a breeze compared to this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭raheny red

nealmac wrote:
    TeeHee. That is a breeze compared to this one.

You mean...........there is............another one?!

:eek:

:(

raheny red wrote:
    You mean...........there is............another one?!

:eek:

:(
    Not the same type of mission, just more difficult.

All you need to pass the one you're talking about is floor it along the tram tracks, then when you get to the end of them, take it nice and easy. Go to the red marker and turn straight around and go back to the end of the tram tracks again and floor it towards home. Because the game doesn't expect you to be going along the tram tracks (and therefore not as fast as you are going) you should have plenty of time to get into the red marker to successfully pass the mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

The only driving school mission I can't finish despite spending several weeks crouched at my computer screaming and twitiching in frustration is the burn n lap one. Got 97% once I think.

I like the one where you have to get across the city and back, but it can be very frustrating when cars pull in front of you when you're on the home stretch!

The best route I found is to go on to the tram tracks, along by garage, follow this road until it intersects with the tunnel road, there's a steep hill to go up just as you get to it, avoid ramping off it and losing control, turn right, then left and carefully go down the very steep twisty road (This is the hard but) hand brake 180 through the marker (if you're going too fast, the car stops momentarily on apex of the trun and its mission over) then back the way you came. I've done it in 96 secs.

EDIT: oh and allyoop is 10% steering the car in the air 90% fluke

theCzar wrote:
    The only driving school mission I can't finish despite spending several weeks crouched at my computer screaming and twitiching in frustration is the burn n lap one. Got 97% once I think.

I like the one where you have to get across the city and back, but it can be very frustrating when cars pull in front of you when you're on the home stretch!

The best route I found is to go on to the tram tracks, along by garage, follow this road until it intersects with the tunnel road, there's a steep hill to go up just as you get to it, avoid ramping off it and losing control, turn right, then left and carefully go down the very steep twisty road (This is the hard but) hand brake 180 through the marker (if you're going too fast, the car stops momentarily on apex of the trun and its mission over) then back the way you came. I've done it in 96 secs.

EDIT: oh and allyoop is 10% steering the car in the air 90% fluke

Ah, I know this might sound a bit silly, but do you have Gran Turismo 1? Because there's a license test you have to pass thats almost exactly the same as the burn and lap here (its the same theory behind the type of driving anyway). When going around, you have to get right into the apex of the corner every time while keeping speed up. You have to use some handbrake, but not much because you don't want a fancy handbrake turn which slows you down totally. When on the straight bits, make sure you stay on the "outside lane" of the track if you know what I mean, because if you have to turn when you're close to the cones in the middle, it means you have to slow down more.

Its difficult to describe without pictures. PM me and I'll give ya me MSN if you like. I've gotten all golds in the driving school twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No, its even worse than that - its down in the docks. You have to collect rings with a bike in what can only be described as a bowl. Its hell. I've only ever done it once and I only got it with about a second left.
    Aye. That one was handy. Also fun. The one where you have to race up and back across the city is a b|tch, tho. The tram-track thing sound cool. May give it a go later.

the_syco wrote:
    Aye. That one was handy. Also fun. The one where you have to race up and back across the city is a b|tch, tho. The tram-track thing sound cool. May give it a go later.

That one was handy???? How do you figure that? I had loads of trouble trying to get it done.

It was almost impossible.

I did the alley oop! Huzzahs! :D

Finally, I can play the missions and races and stuff I haven't done before.
    Love that Countryside Endurance race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Yup those races a good laugh alright.Just a question, what 3 cars do u get for getting gold in all of the driving missions?

I think its the Turismo, the Bullett, and I can't remember the last car. Some sort of weirdo purple car anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You get the Super GT for getting bronze. That's the one you do the cross-city thing in. Fast as fook but handles like a boat.

Advertisement