Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is your debs costing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

mateo wrote:
    Must one wear a tuxedo?

I really really REALLY don't want to wear one

Then don't wear one. Everyone will only think you're a prat! ;)

There's nothing wrong with them anyway, any awkward feelings you have will go as soon as you see everyone else in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Nah you dont have to wear a tux, loads of people just wear shirt/normal tie/jacket

well, tehy did for mine anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I estimate everything will come close to €900 or so for the night. Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yep...really, really glad I skipped my debs. I'd be there tonight otherwise, spending money i don't have and missing my nine o clock lecture tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Fúck me thats a lotta money.
    Well its daddies, so who cares?

Also, true to your username you are indeed on a leash.
    You bought your girlfriend tickets to her own debs, as well as yours :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Bleugh... I'm paying the bf's ticket for mine, should be about 80 each. No idea about dress yet, I trust in myself to find cheapish shoes and do my own make up....hair and nails, god knows.

Went to a ball last year though, spent €15 on the dress....go super sales! and robbed shoes/shawl etc from other people, got the ticket free. neyehhe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

Raphael wrote:
    I can't think of any single thing, bar computer components, that I would spend 180 euro on.

That explains a lot then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Aero787

I've to pay a €70 deposit for my grads tickets, but I dunno how much they'll cost in total. I have a tux but I'll probably hire a classier one for the craic. Is hiring a helicopter a bit extravagant? ;) I'll do it if I'm dared (and payed!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

xha1r wrote:
    That explains a lot then...
    Such has how my bank account doesn't have an overdraft of 500 quid?

Friends dad mentioned getting us a limo, he's in the ol' car business so that'd be pretty cool. I'm a bit freaked at the mo tbh, might have 2 debs and a youth awards ball this year...dunno how I'm going to afford it if I don't wanna wear last year's dress!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Raphael wrote:
    Yep...really, really glad I skipped my debs. I'd be there tonight otherwise, spending money i don't have and missing my nine o clock lecture tomorrow.
    Christ you sound like great fun.

Went to three this year, spent a fortune but tbh money comes and goes. Worked hard for the money so im damn well gonna have a good time spending it. A great bank balance doesnt compare with good times and good memories tbh!

I'm sure it does if you're going to college somewhere far away, I'm hoping to go to LIT and if I have to come home for my debs and then pay for a load of stuff, where's my rent and my food money coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Don't know yet, but I went to this years one, because I did TY and we were entitled to.

Tickets: 70 each, I just paid for mine
    Dress: 33. Internet FTW.
    Shoes: 40. Schuh sale!
    Make-up: About 50
    Bag: 50. But it's STUNNING.
    Hair and actual make-up application- FREE. Yay for my sister!
    Drink: 60
    Formal photos: 12.50..split cost of 25. And I got 3. Good value...

Was a great night, this years debs won't be in the same place thanks to legal issues (knacker went mad and attacked people: broken bottle and such) so tickets might be more expensive, I'll probably splash out a bit more on my dress too.

tbh, with the debs committee we have..who knows what we'll end up with!

Advertisement