Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 to roll out 3.6Mbps HSPA broadband product by year end

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Tubbritt

One more thing…. My friend is living in Carrick and he’s getting a connection speed of 1.8mbps.

He has the vodafone e620 card, where I was sold the older e618 which will not go over 386kbps. That's what i get for being quick to take up this offer.

Kind Regards.
    James.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Got it last week, 20 quid a month first 3 months, 40 per month after, with a 10GB per month cap. Its pricey for what I'm gettin, But I have to say, It works, the speed were as promised on HSDPA, Coverage is a little patchy down the country, But that will improve with demands I presume. Speeds were faster than any non-cable connection I've used previously incl. Clearwire and IB. NTL's landline package is the only I've seen delivering faster speeds.
    Try and get HSDPA country-wide ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Speed will be slower than any broadband once there are other users on your sector. The full HSDPA speed only applies for ONE ONLY person using the mast sector. HSDPA easily degrades to less than 150kbps with 24 users.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

watty wrote: »
    Speed will be slower than any broadband once there are other users on your sector. The full HSDPA speed only applies for ONE ONLY person using the mast sector. HSDPA easily degrades to less than 150kbps with 24 users.
    Does the speed of an individual client also drop when the SNR drops like the way WiFi falls back as this would reduce the overall bandwidth of the cell since it would spend more time trahsferring data to those clients ?

Advertisement